Chapter 12 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language.
_________________________________________

Astery's p.o.v~

Your parents don't even give a damn about you.

      The words were encouraging me to make a drastic decision. One, I might soon regret in the long run.  I don't want to react on impulse, nor by spite. If I do decide to move away, it will be my choose. Not influenced by others. Over the weekend I have time to think about what Mr. Daughtler said, he made some good points.

    I'm sure if I left, my parents wouldn't even notice. As for Pierson, I can really care less what he thinks about the whole idea. Pierson is too busy having sex with Hazel, to even think straight and lately he's been treating me like trash. On Monday it felt awkward walking into school, the sight of Mr. Daughtler's classroom emotional. The door was removed from its hedges, the doorway is blocked off with tape.

   My heart aches when it starts to sink in, that  Mr. Daughtler isnt coming back. I am angry at the thought of someone snitched about our forbidden love. Mr. Daughtler might be too old for me, but what we have is real. The connection, the passion. Everything we feel for each other is the definition of true love.

I stand by my locker with a trashcan next to me, emptying out any unwanted things.  I open this red folder, skimming through the papers inside.  I then begin to wonder if I really need to keep every worksheet I get a good-grade on. With these abunch of papers I have thrown away , I probably killed five trees already. I glance up the hallways, only to see Hazel and Pierson holding hands while they walk to class together. I close my eyes remembering the rest of what Mr. Daughtler told me.

Your ex-boyfriend is fucking the same girl, he told you not to worry about. Once my eyes open, I slam the closed and storm away in the opposite direction. By the end of school, my mind is made up. I quickly text Jessica as the dismissal bell rings, standing near the exit with my back turned.
(2:35pm)  Me: Meet me at Billy's bar and grill in five minutes.

(2:36pm) Jessica: Okay🤔

    Right after the bell rings I rush out the building, then walk at least five blocks to Billy bar & Grill. Where I sit at a booth waiting patiently for Jessica to arrive. Once Jessica comes in I can tell by the look on her face,  that she is beyond confused and alittle suspicious. She sits down across from me, placing her purse down next to her  "Why did you invite me here?" She asks

"I need a favor" I state.

"What do you want?" Jessica asks.

        "I am going to runaway with Mr. Daughtler. We're leaving tomorrow" I explain "He has a job in North Dakota"

    I place a burner phone on the table, "Do not tell ANYBODY where I am. If you want to talk to me. Use this phone" I demand firmly.

   Jessica grabs the burner phone "Why?" She asks, while looking at it.

"It's untraceable" I say "I'm starting a new life. I don't want anyone to find me".

      I get up from the table, "But wait.., even if I did help you. What would I get out of it?" Jessica asks as I'm packing my bag.

I place my bookbag on one shoulder, "If you do this for me, I will hate you alittle less" I mention "And reconsider us being friends".

Before I walk away, Jessica stands from her seat "Why are you doing this?" She asks,
I said nothing. "Is this about Pierson?"

    I sigh, not knowing how to answer. Truth is, I think the problem is way bigger than just one person. Though, he might be part of the reason.  Ever since we broke up,  happiness just didn't exist for me anymore.