Chapter 9 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language, statory rape and sexual content.
_________________________________________

(Astery's p.o.v)

   The injuries I sustained after the beating at school are minor. By the grace of God, I have no traumatic brain injuries. After spending twenty four hours in the hospital, getting examined and my skull x-rayed I was sent home. I return to school four days later, doctors told me to take it easy. Recommended I don't participate in gym for the next two weeks.

Walking into every class each period, there were kids that jumped up from their seats to give me a hug. Everybody was happy to know I am okay, well almost everybody.  Whenever Pierson saw me he would walk in another direction, avoiding me entirely. Never once has Pierson asked what happened or if I was okay, he just gave the cold-shoulder. Things between us seemed okay days prior, I wonder what changed.

I though Pierson and I were becoming friends again, at least that is what it seemed like at first. When Pierson hugged me in the bathroom, at the time I didn't know how much I needed that hug. It was a relief to feel his touch, because it brought back memories. When everything was perfect, when we were happy. Now, he is acting like we're strangers.

I stand at my locker on Tuesday, looking myself in the mirror while I apply ointment to my bruises. I glance down the hall and catch a sight of Pierson and Hazel holding hands. I shake my head and close the locker door before walking in the opposite direction. Everything he talked about,  the I love you's, the forever and always. Just abunch of broken promises.

At the end of the day, he will ALWAYS choose Hazel Nummend. "Hey buddy, how are you feelings?" Bertha asks, walking up to me with her friends Carolina and Rekel.

I shake my head continuing to stare at Pierson as he makes out with Hazel by the water fountains. "Never been better" I say in a snarky tone.

They all turn around, soon looking in the same direction I am "I don't know what he sees in that girl, she is the definition of white trash" Bertha states, then glances at Carolina who is also white "No offense, Carol"

"None taken" Carolina says with a grin.

"He just likes having sex with her....it must be her ass, because it definitely ain't her face" Rekel mentions.

I laugh, they walk to homeroom with me even,  though their homerooms are on different floors. On the way down these staircase I hear a familiar voice calling my name, "Asteryian" Mr. Daughtler says, popping out of his classroom for a brief minute "Can we talk please?"

I glance at these girls, giving them an apologic gesture before they walk away. I enter his classroom, nearly jumping out of my skin at the sound of the door slamming. "I talked to the prinicpal" Mr. Daughtler tells me.

My anxiety forces me to assume the worst, "Am I in trouble?"

Mr. Daughtler smiles, "No, no of course not. I just talked to him about  bring  your  tutor" He says

I tilt my head, a tutor? What is a tutor? "What is a tutor? Do I want that?"  I ask.

Mr. Daughtler chuckles at my innocence, he place his hands on my shoulders "Yes. That way we can boost up your grade, in time for the end of the marking period"

          I like the sound of that! I never had a tutor before, but seems like tutoring can be useful. Especially for those who are struggle with  learning.   A small smile appears on my face, it seems forced but I find it better than no reaction at all. Mr. Daughtler sees through my fake smile, causing his smile to fade away. "You okay? What's wrong?" He asks
I figured it is too early for my moping. So, I shake it off like nothings wrong. Just decide to keep my feelings private, rather than burden the people around me.  I lie "Nothing..."