Chapter 15 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language and physical abuse.
_________________________________________

| Astery's p.o.v|

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" I ask while Mr. Daughtler forces me back in the cabin, I almost fall but manage to catch my balance.
"Shhh...be quiet" Mr. Daughtler yells, closing the door behind him.

"Did you kill someone?" My breathing is unsteady, beyond scarred by what I just saw in the woods.

Mr. Daughtler doesn't answer right away, the cold stare he gives basically answers the question for me. I let out this endless nervous laughter, pacing around the room anxiously. "Calm down...it was an accident" Mr. Daughtler finally says, grabbing my shoulders.

    However, from what Paige told me I highly doubt that. Eventually,  my anxiety causes me to reveal what I know. "You abuse kids here..SYLAS, PAIGE TOLD ME EVERYTHING" I yell.

    How quick his head turns to look at me, the shock on Mr. Daughtler's face says it all. "Paige..." Mr. Daughtler scoffs "You really gonna trust the words of eight year old".

Why would a child lie? Judging by her injuries, there is no way any of the bruises and cuts she has are self-inflicted. I touched them, they are very much real. No amount of make up can cause it to look so  realistic. I shake my head,  "You gonna deny these cuts and bruises too?"

   I can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. Mr. Daughtler is a pathological liar. Scary part about that is, he can lie straight to your face. Cry, scream and even pass out but can still be lying to you. One thing I learned about Mr. Daughtler is as much as he is a good teach, he is an even better actor.

Mr. Daughtler says nothing, just looks at me with like I have five heads. "The burn marks" I add.

      Everything I thought Mr. Daughtler was, had just been proven false. The life I imagined we would have here, turned into a nightmare. The mysterious disappearence of Gregory Masser was the first red flag I ignored. When I found out Gregory was missing, I should have listened to my gut instead of taking Mr. Daughtler by his word. And after seeing what type of guy Mr. Daughtler truly is, I am ready to pack my things and leave.

   However I choose to get back home is irrelevant at this. All I want is to be far away from him as possible. The more I look at Mr. Daughtler, I come to realize how I basically threw my life away for him.  Runaway from home because he manipulated me into doing it. I self-isolated from everyone I loved, because of him.

Once all these secrets are uncovered, I had enough. Honestly, the last straw should have been when he craved his name into my skin. Why I didn't leave then, I don't know.  "I wanna go home" I state.
His eyes widen when hearing what I said, he even looks through me. I nod, with an uneven smile across my face "Yeah...I don't want to be here. Anymore..."
Mr. Daughtler just stares at me, like I have three heads but says nothing. I start repacking my suitcase, while I continue "Don't call me...don't text me. We are over"

"You think breaking up with me....is that easy?" Mr. Daughtler smirks, which gives me an uneasy feeling.

          I walk over to the cabin telephone that is hanging on the wall, "What are you doing?" He asks firmly, walking over to where I am.  I quickly pick up the phone, immediately dialing Pierson's number. Shockingly, the reception is good. As I hold the phone to my ear, it rings constantly. At first I think the call is just gonna go to voice-mail, because of how long its been ringing. However, after several minutes, Pierson
answers "Hello?" He says.
"PIERSON HELP ME...I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. PLEASE HELP ME" I beg, but talking so fast I don't think he can understand a word I said.