Chapter 20 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language and attempt of murder.
_________________________________________

~ Pierson's p.o.v~

Once I was notified that Asteryian was rushed to Sandford Medical Hospital, I asked many questions but Officer Tony didn't feel comfortable answering them over the phone. I speed to the hospital as quickly as possible, going through many red lights along the way. I didn't care about the laws, my focus is on Asteryian right now. When entering the building, I look around in search of Astery. Then I meet up with  Officer Tony, "What happened?" I ask.
"He was attacked in prison..." Officer Tony tells me, "Doctors say he is in critical but stable condition".

   I peek behind Officer Tony, who is blocking the doorway to room 207 where Asteryian is being held. "Pierson..." Officer Tony says, once I push past him. I walk in to discover Astery is in a coma, breathing from a ventilator. There is a tube in Astery's nose, and a long tube strapped to his mouth. His beautiful eyes are swollen shut, and a small part of his hair has been shaved down, revealing the stitches these doctors put in his skull.

He is completely unrecognizable. If it wasn't for the promise ring on his finger I probably wouldn't have known it was him. Once I see a doctor about to walk into the room, I immediately get his attention. "Hey...um, doctor," I say.

The man in a white, long professional lab coat turns to face me. I glance at his name, which is sewn in the fabric of his coat. "Sorry...Dr. Elyun," I say, addressing him more appropriately. "I'm Asteryian's boyfriend, is he going to be okay?"

Dr. Elyun opens this vanilla envelope, "He hit his head, so hard against the wall. That his brain bounced to the back of his skull. So, he might not be able to see-" He starts to explain.

"To see? Why wouldn't he be able to see?" I ask, looking at Asteryian and then back at the doctor.

"His brain is bruised...which caused temporary vision loss" Dr. Elyun continues to explain.

I nod, understanding what the doctor is saying
  "Okay, when will he wake up?" I ask.

Dr. Elyun's face drops and although he chooses not to say,   his apologetic facial expression speaks louder than words. Which can only mean one thing, Astyerian might not wake up at all. I start to cry, then drop to the floor.  Roberto wraps his arms around me, joining me down below. "Oh my god," I say, hysterically crying.  "Shhh....it's okay, everything will be okay," Roberto says.

But, it's not okay. Nothing about this is okay. I  might lose the love of my life because someone went out of their way to frame him. For a crime he didn't commit. The vicious assault was a result of lies, based on vengeance and jealousy.

~

\\\ Time Skip\\\

| Sylas Daughtler's p.o.v| November 3rd

Today is the day of my bail trial. Where I learn how much my bail is or if I get bail at all. Every other time I was arrested, Dad always pulled some strings. Convincing the judge to give me bail, and even lowering the price. I'm hopeful that will happen again if I'm lucky.
" Sylas Daughter, two counts murder, one count statutory rape, one count kidnapping, one count child abuse,  one count dismemberment"

    I look around the courtroom, standing at the defense table in my orange jumpsuit, Dad sits bench me in the benches. My side of the courtroom is empty, with  Dad being my only supporter. "How does the defendant plea?" The Judge asks

"Not guilty your honor," I say.

"The defense abused and tortured kids at a camp, where he worked. Ran away with an autistic boy who he had a sexual relationship with. He killed a father of two with his kids in the car and killed an eight-year-old girl before leaving her to die in the woods. Your honor, the defendant is a threat to society and should remain behind bars until trial," The Plaintiff's lawyer, Stacey Wig, explains.