Chapter 23 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language

Trigger Warnings|Mild Rape Scene
_________________________________________

Astery's p.o.v

I groan. My body feels heavy, I go to move but am restricted by chains that are attached to the ceiling. My wrists are bounded by leather wrist restraints, where the other ends of chains are attached to by a loop. I peek around at my surroundings, trapped in some type of room with brick walls. Thick enough to block out my screams. I tug on the restraints I was put in.

  My wrists move a bit, but it doesn't help me in any way. Suddenly, these lights turn on. The blaze is so strong I have to squint my eyes.  Standing at least five feet away is that weird guy, I meant at the hospital.  Who is he? What does he want?

I look around once more, trying to figure out where I am.  However, there aren't many clues to answer that question. What is this place? "Who are you....?" I ask as the man comes closer.

"My son loved you...." The man explains, I then notice him slashing two knife blades together.

"Your son...?" I question.

Maybe he has me confused with someone else, I think at first. Then he says  "Sylas...Daughtler"

I shrug, not sure what all of this is about. My lip quivers with fear, as the man holds a knife to my throat. "Asteryian..is it?" The man says.

I'm stunned that he knows who I am, let alone pronounced my name properly on the first try. "How do you know my name?" I ask.
"My son always talked about you....he loved you so much," The man says.

"W-who are you?" I ask.

"Drew Daughtler, his father," The man says in a stern tone, "You got my son killed..."

Killed? Wait....Mr. Daughtler is dead? "I didn't kill your son.." I state, my voice is shaky. Drew grabs my jaw, forcing me to look straight at him.

"No....but you might as well have," Drew growls.

I say nothing, terrified by what's about to happen. It seems like Drew just wanted someone to blame for his son's death. Even though, Sylas's sinister behavior might have lead to it.  Drew looks me up and down, then wet his lips "He said you were a freak in the sheets.." Drew mentions.

Huh? I tilt my head, confused about how my sex life was brought into this. "Please...let me go; I-I won't tell anybody," I plead.

"Oh...relax...I just want to see what all the talk was about" Drew says, gripping my neck. I swallow hard, his tongue licks the side of my face. I try to pull away but I can't go anywhere.

"Please..." I beg.

"Shh...." Drew whispers in my ear, his hands reach into my boxer shorts. "You're gonna do everything I say...."
I say nothing; however, when I don't respond, Drew tugs my hair hard. "I can't hear you," He says firmly.
"Y-y-yes"

"Yes, what?" He asks firmly,

"Y-yes sir" 

Drew unattached the chains, giving me free will again. When I drop to the floor, I knew my possibilities of escape are slim to none. However,  I will take my chances. I use my bounded wrists to strike Drew in the face. As Drew stumbles back, I run toward the doorway at the other end of the room. Once I escape, there is sunlight peeking from around the corner, but before I can make it outside, he snatches me up. "HELP...." I scream.

    Back inside the mysterious room, Drew throws my body down on a random table. Drew straddles me; I flail my legs, trying to kick him off.  "GET OFF ME" I holler, he then moves my arms over head. I breathe heavily, staring into his eyes. In fear for my life, he leans closer, about to kiss me. I spit in his face, his jaw drops instantly.  I watch him slowly wipe the saliva off his cheek.
Drew snickers, then unexpectedly pulls a gun from his pocket. The nuzzle is pressed against my jaw,  "You just made a big mistake, Asteryian" He says.