14: Beside You

*Victoria's POV*

-that night/ 11:00pm-

I was lying in the bunks alone on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. The other guys were still awake but they were out in the lounge, I couldn't really hear them though because they had the door pulled over. (It's a sliding door).

Josh told me that I had to go to bed because we were going to have a "big day" tomorrow. I'm not sure what that means but I went with it.

If I was really quite, I could vaguely hear their conversations.

"How do you think she's going to react when she sees the crowd, she didn't react well to the small amount of people outside the restaurant." I heard Ian say.

"I don't know, but we'll just have to make sure she's okay with the loudness of a concert. She's never been to one." Josh said next.

"Maybe we could get her headphones so she won't be scared." Matt said.

Scared? Of what? People? Come on! I'm not that weak am I?

"What do you think she'll think of the jack-in-the-box?" Josh chuckled.

"Knowing Victoria, she'll like it." Mike laughed.

My eyes started to close, and I for some reason felt really tired all of a sudden. I let them close and immediately fell asleep.
.
.
.
My eyes opened, and I looked around. It was still dark. I wonder why I woke up... I didn't have the nightmare.

I was turned into the wall and was looking out the window. It was still pretty dark, so I'm guessing it's about three or four in the morning.

I rolled over and looked at the next bunk over, Matt was sound asleep on his back, and Mike was fast asleep on his chest with one arm hanging over the side of the bed. I chuckled quietly.

I leaned over he side of my bunk and saw Josh asleep on his bunk under me. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided that I would go on my phone. The only problem, was that it was all the way on the other side of the room.

I quietly pulled back my blankets and climbed down the ladder at the end of the bed, trying not to wake any of the guys. I finally felt the floor with my bare foot and stepped down.

I tiptoed past Matt and Ian and then over to Mike's bed. I saw my phone on the bottom bunk and picked it up, grabbing my earphones as well. I quickly walked back over to mine and Josh's bunk bed and climbed up the ladder again.

The ladder made a creaking noise when I stepped on the third bar up, and I squeezed my eyes together, hoping they didn't hear me. I opened my eyes again and saw that none of them moved, I sighed in relief and climbed into my bed.

I plugged in my headphones and sat against the wall in the corner of the room. I shoved my pillow behind my back and put the earphones in my ears.

When my phone turned on, it was on full brightness so I turned it down all the way, squinting at the light. I typed in my password and decided to go on YouTube.

I pressed on the search bar and typed in 'Marianas Trench'. I tapped a video that said 'Beside you' and the video started to play.

(If you can i'd suggest putting on that song now:D)

I sank down in my pillow when Josh started singing. I love his voice. Then the other guys sang in the background, and I smiled even more. The song is beautiful.

I listened to the song, and then the chorus kicked in. I realized what he was singing.

'And if your heart wears thin, I will hold you up
And I will hide you when it gets too much
I'll be right beside you
I'll be right beside you'

Those were the words over my bed at home. I didn't realize I was crying until I touched my cheek and felt the water dripping down my face.

I listened to the rest of the song. I loved the lyrics he sang in this song, they made me feel really happy. It's like he is singing it to me.

I soon felt tired again, and looked at the time. It was now 3:40am. I went on my music app and realized that the guys had downloaded all of their songs on there. I chuckled quietly and pressed on the song 'Porcelain'. The song that meant everything to me and Josh.

He started singing the song and I smiled, laying my pillow back down and lying down again. I wrapped the blankets tightly around my body and turned the volume up on my phone.

I pressed repeat on the song and turned it off, laying it beside me. I snuggled into the blankets and let Josh sing me to sleep.