41: What's wrong with Josh?

*Victoria's POV*

(Just a warning, this is kind of an emotional chapter, not really, kind of. Idk. It was for me)

That night I was woken up by a loud yell and a bang. My eyes shot open and I looked straight ahead, facing the wall. I rolled over and saw that Josh wasn't in bed, since we were sharing a bed.

I sat up groggily and rubbed my eye, realizing that the other guys weren't in here either, and by the looks of their beds, it looks like they left in a hurry.

I heard another bang and decided to investigate. I was only wearing one of Josh's shirts, which ended just above my knees, but I didn't really care what I looked like since it was late.

I slowly approached the door and grabbed the handle, turning it and slowly opening the door just enough to peek out.

I looked through the crack in the door and saw Josh and the guys. Josh had a half empty beer bottle in one hand, and a cigaret in the other. I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked around the room. The place was a mess; beer bottles everywhere, a broken wine bottle on the floor, couch pillows everywhere.

I saw Josh stumble a bit and almost fall over, so I decided that this would be a good time to reveal myself.

I opened the door enough so I could walk out a little, making the door creak the slightest bit, but enough to make the guys look.

"What's going on?" I asked in a small voice, I was surprised they even heard me.

"Nothing Victoria." Matt said.

"Just go back to bed," Mike added.

I didn't move, I just stayed put in the doorway. I wanted to know what was going on. And I was determined to find out.

"Josh?" I asked, looking at his face.

He turned to look at me and smiled, not a Josh smile, but a quite creepy one. I could tell he was drunk.

"Victoria!" He slurred, his eyes drooping as he swung an arm in the air. "What're you doing up?!"

"I'm checking if-" he cut me off.

"No!" He yelled, almost falling over again.

"Josh-"

"You're always so disobedient!" He yelled. "Why do you have to be such a pain in the ass?!"

I gulped, feeling tears in my eyes. "I-"

"You never leave me alone!" He continues, getting closer to me. "Josh I'm hungry! Josh I want this! Josh this Josh that! That's all you ever do!"

I was going to say something else but decided against it, he'd probably only cut me off again anyways.

"Josh you need to chill," Matt laid a hand on Josh's shoulder.

Josh's swiftly spun around and hit Matt's hand off of his shoulder. Matt gave him a sad look and swallowed.

"Josh, you need to stop." He demanded.

"Stop what?!" He exclaimed, his eyes drooping again. Matt was about to answer, when Josh pushed him back into the wall.

"Josh!" I yelled through tears.

"What?!" He growled, whipping back around.

"Stop it!" I screeched, my tears finally spilling down over my cheeks.

"Go to bed!!" He demanded, pointing toward the bedroom. I didn't move, I just stared at him. He huffed. "This is why I didn't want to adopt a kid!"

That's when my heart broke. I felt more tears fall down my face, and started sobbing.

"Josh..." I whimpered, my lip quivering.

"Josh that's enough!" Mike yelled.

"Leave me alone!" Josh yelled back at him.

"You're leaving until you're sober!" Ian took Josh by the arm and dragged him toward the door.

Josh struggled but Ian and the guys soon pushed him out the door. I stayed in the bedroom doorway, not taking my eyes off the floor, replaying what Josh had said in my mind over and over again.

"This is why I didn't want to adopt a kid!"

I heard the door close, and soon the guys rushed over to me. Matt kneeled down in front of me and wrapped me in a hug, pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and shoved my face in his neck. He lifted me off the ground.

"I'm so sorry Victoria," he whispered in my ear, rubbing my back with one hand.

"I don't understand," I whimpered. "Why did he say that?"

"He's just drunk," Matt said in an annoyed tone.

"But why did he get drunk in the first place?" I asked, looking at him and wiping away some tears.

He shrugged. "I don't know,"

We went back in the bedroom and I got in Matt's bed with him. He draped an arm around my body. I felt a few more tears fall down my face and land on the pillow, until soon I fell asleep once again, Josh's words not once leaving my mind.
.
.
.
The next morning I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I opened my eyes and squinted at the light, turning over so I was back on to the window.

Matt must've gotten up already because he wasn't in bed anymore, I sighed and lifted my head to look at the clock on the night table. 10:47am.

I sighed and flopped my head back down on the pillow, until finally getting the strength to pull myself out of bed. Memories of last night came flowing back into my mind and a frown formed on my face.

Is Josh back?

I walked towards the door and saw it was opened slightly. I opened it enough so I could peek out, and saw that the guys' shoes were missing. All except Josh's.

I walked out of the bedroom and looked toward the lounge. I saw a figure sitting on the couch and immediately knew who it was. Josh. He was sitting there watching something on TV.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen, the cold tile floor making contact with my warm bare feet. I grabbed the fridge handle and opened it, looking for something to eat.

I'm sure Josh heard me by now, but was just ignoring me. I sighed and closed the fridge. We don't have any food, not a lot anyways. I walked over to the other side of the kitchen and grabbed the cereal box off of the counter.

I walked around the bar and stopped when I was standing in front of the bedroom door again. I looked over at Josh and saw his eyes look at me in his peripheral vision. I glared at him and walked into the bedroom.