Chapter 1

I breath in slowly as I look out the window, seeing a ignoramus heard making there way to the house. I jumped up off the brown leather couch that honestly was in good condition. I quickly throw anything that I needed in my brown leather bag and checked the back door to see if it was clear. I sighed in relief and ran taking down a walker on the way. Running as fast as my feet could carry me until there were no walkers in sight. I collapsed immediately laying down in an open field I ran into. I looked up at the beautiful blue sky that was calm and peaceful. I jumped onto my feet after hearing something move behind me. I got up and started to walk towards the sound. "She coming over here" a male voice whispered. I pulled out my gun and pointed at the blurry figure hiding. 

"Come out with your hands up" I yelled calmly. 

A man in his about thirty's with a little beard and a dead rabbit in his hands walked out.

"Why were you watching me" I questioned with anger seeking out of my lips. 

"I wasn't, I saw you while checking my traps" he replied. 

He was surprising calm even though he had a girl pointing a gun at him who didn't sound the nicest. I looked him up and down, he wasn't the dirtiest and to be honest was quite clean meaning he wasn't on the run. I walked over and held out my hand. He started to hand me the rabbit. I shook my head no and grabbed his opposite hand and shook it slightly. 

" I'm Lexi, what's your name". I smiled. 

"I'm Rick Grimes" he chuckled.

"What's so funny" I asked confused.

He waved his hand to follow and began to speak 

" How do you know you can trust me" he asked

I laughed as we began to walk towards his next trap. 

" You have little to none blood on you and you don't carry a gun" I pointed out. He smiled and patted my shoulder. 

"I have a group but I have to ask you three questions and if you try anything, anything at all I will kill you " He claimed. I wasn't scared and I understood he probably has family to protect.

"Ask away and I won't try anything" I replied. 

"How many walkers have you killed" he asked as we began to walk to his camp.

" To many to count" I said almost tripping over an rock.

"How many people have you killed" he said calmly.

"None". I smiled. 

"Why" he asked stopping to look at me.

"I haven't had a reason to and I haven't seen people since my mom died at the beginning of this protecting me" I said sadly.

 He pulled me into a hug and nodded. The rest of the walk was quiet. We walked up to a prison and Rick called for a guy named Glenn to open the gates. I killed a walker that got a little to close and so did Rick. We ran in, while Glenn closed the gates behind us. 

"Who is this" the person named Glenn I guess asked. 

"This is Lexi" Rick answer patting my shoulder. 

"How old are you and were you alone" Glenn asked.

"I'm 15 and yes I have been alone since the beginning" I simply reply. He nodded and shock my hand.

"Well I'm Glenn, nice to meet you Lexi" he smiled and walked back over to the guard tower where he was taking watch. Rick waved and we walked into a big space that looked like the dinning area.