Chapter 15

Carl's P.O.V
I was sitting out in the field when I heard my dad talking to Daryl. Daryl looked surprised and nodded agreeing to whatever my dad just said. They both walked off together walking inside the prison. I brushed off the weird feel running in my veins and started to walk inside the building. I got in the line of the cafeteria, my dad has been forcing me to eat and saying she wouldn't want me doing this to myself. I gave in , I need my strength for Ethan anyway. I let Beth watch Ethan, I didn't want to but my dad said I need a break. The line moved up so it was my turn and I grabbed a plate of pancakes. I thanked the lady running the thing and walked over to a table sitting down. I began to eat my pancakes, almost inhaling them in about a minute worth of time. I got up and walked over to the plate stand and put my dish there. I need to get my mind off things for a little while, I need to get away......Maybe a run would get me some time to myself.
*****
I looked down at a picture of  Lexi and I . She was so beautiful and always will be. I kissed the frame and grabbed a bag. I started to suit up, grabbing my gun and two knives. I sighed and walked out of my cell. I walk up to Beth's cell and peaked inside. She was holding Ethan's hand while he sat there giggling. I walked in and smiled as beth looked up at me. 

"Where are you going," she asked looking at my bag.  

"I'm just going on a run to grab some things for Ethan, I just wanted to say goodbye to Ethan first,"  I said holding out my arms. She stood up and passed me, Ethan. His tiny little hands had a tight grip on my shirt almost asking for me not to go. His eyes looked sad, a small tear run down his cheek. I kissed it away. 

"I'll be right back okay pumpkin, daddy just needs to go get you some things okay," I said ruffling his hair a bit. He giggling in response and I kissed his forehead and hugged him a pinch harder but not too hard so I wouldn't hurt him. 

" Daddy will bring you back a toy," I said handing Ethan over to Beth.

"Be safe okay," she whispered waving with one hand.

"Always am" I called back walking on of her cell.

 I walked outside and walked over to the side of the fence where a little hole was patched up with some wire. I pulled the wire off and climbed out. I quickly did the wire back up and ran into the woods. My feet kept running,me not really controlling where they were going. I finally came to a stop when I heard talking. I hide behind a tree and listened. 

" Do you think your ready for that run now?" A male voice said. I heard a car start up and a couple hops. 

" I think I'm ready to take on the world" I female voice said almost sounding like Lexi's voice. God, I miss her. They both laughed and I heard the car drive away. I slowly walked towards the voice I had heard and saw a little cabin which was beautiful.

Beth's pov

 I smiled down at Ethan as he giggled. 

"It's good to see someone able to be happy " I looked up at maggie.

 "yeah, it is" My thumb grazed the side of Ethan's soft cheeks. 

"He's so untouched and new to this world" I whispered. Maggie placed her hand on my shoulder

 "Kids deserve a childhood" I nodded as I tickled Ethan's stomach causing him to giggle and wiggled around. Maggie sighed 

"Lexi, I just can't believe she threw her life away to save Carl, not many people are left like that" I looked at Ethan, the glimmer in his eyes showed faith and hope. A smile appeared on my face as I placed a kiss on his forehead 

"Lexi was strong she represented my faith and hope, she still does" Maggie stood to her feet 

"I'm gonna go talk to Rick" she said and I smiled.

"ok" I walked over to the soft warm bed of my bunk which was covered in many blankets.

"You know your a lucky little one" I sat down and rocked Ethan in my arms. I shook my head at the thoughts consuming my mind. 

"Where ever you came from is now your past, this place is your future" He sucked on his thumb as his eye lids started to droop. 

"It's ok your safe to sleep" I covered him in the soft blue baby blanket. I held him in my arms as my back pressed against the wall, soon after I became tired and fell asleep holding Ethan to my chest 

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting.I have been busy with school, but I promise I will be posting from now on. 

11 votes = new chapter