Chapter 4

I felt sticky and kinda warm. I slowly open my eyes to see a hard chest. Oh yeah, Carl comforted me last night. I took a deep breath and slowly jiggle myself from his tight hold. He grabbed me and placed me against his chest. Ugh, this is going to be harder than I thought. Again I jiggle free from his grip and place a pillow there to replace me. He mumble something and grabbed my wrist.
"Where are you going" he mumble.
I looked straight into his now darkened eyes.
"To go shower" I simply replied swallowing a lump in my throat. He dropped my wrist in a pissed off manner and mumble fine. He laid back down and closed his eyes. I sighed and grabbed some shampoo, conditioner and body wash Beth had gave me. I walked out, walking half way to the showers and then remembered that I forgot my clothes for today and my towel. I quickly ran back to the cell and stopped when I was in the cell. Carl was... Naked. I couldn't help but stare. He smirked and I grabbed my stuff and quickly left. As I was walking lost in my thoughts, I suddenly felt myself bump into something hard. I look up and see a boy maybe the same age. He looked angry, but he looked at me and smiled.
" Here let me help you" he grabbed my hand and pulled me up a little bit too hard. He had reddish hair, blue eyes, and an evilish smirk placed on this face. I shyly smiled and tried to walk around him. He chuckled and grabbed my ass. I gasped and smacked him across the face. Who the hell does he think he is, he can't just touch me in that manner and who is this prick. I angrily walked away and didn't look back.
++++++++
I grabbed the coconut scented Shampoo and poured a generous amount of the liquid. I gently massaged it into my hair and then let the warm water wash it out. I watched the soap slowly swirl down the rusty drain. I sometimes wonder would anyone miss me if I was gone, would they even give me a funeral, would they notice if I died on a run or went missing. I sighed and washed my body then turned the water off, getting out of the shower. I dried off and put on a black tank top, a long-sleeved red and black flannel shirt, a pair of skinny jean, and, of course, my brown leather combat boots. I picked up my stuff and walked back into my cell sitting on my bunk. I sighed laying down staring at the ceiling. How can I get Carl to open up, it's going to be hard but I made a promise. The ceiling was a light gray color but what stood out the most was a quote engraved into the ceiling. "Pretend, its easier"
I trace each letter with my finger while reading the quote. Who wrote this and why.