Chapter 12

Lexi's P.O.V
It's been a couple days and all I have done is sit around and be lazy. James has brought me food and fixed my pillows when they weren't comfortably. So today I'm going to do something.
The sunlight was shining bright making my hands fumble up to my eyes making circular motions on my eye lids. I grumble and try to sit up. My body was being held tight by a sleeping James. I don't remember falling a sleep with him, but I do have to admit that he looks absolutely adorable just like a sleeping panda. His messy hair was resting against my arm and his lips were slightly departed. I tap his shoulder attempting to try to wake him up but he didn't even move. I slowly tried to wiggle out of his grip which actually worked. I gently moved myself to the floor, moving my body to grab my crutches. I grabbed them in my second attempt and pulled myself up. It felt good to actually stand, I have been sleeping for a month and my body just really wants to move. I begin my journey to the kitchen and I walk pretty good for someone who has never used crutches in their life. I suddenly felt a wave of head pain and sat down on a kitchen chair. I have been sleeping for so long yet for some reason I'm still very tired. I hold my head in the palms of my hands trying to help my aching head. I quickly feel a bit better and slowly but gently get up in search of food. I scan my eyes through the cupboards and spot a single can of green beans. I grab it and check the date. It read April 10 2020. I did a little happy dance without falling and quickly found a can opener, opening the beans and grabbing a fork from the silverware drawer. I slowly hopped to the kitchen table and sat down eating the very delicious can of beans.
"I see you finally got up" James chuckles as he walks in the kitchen. I laugh as well and pass him the can. He looked at me and shook his head.
" No, you eat it" he said passing the beans back.
" James you need to eat, you have been giving me all your food" I say as I pass the beans back.
"I'm fine James, eat please" I whispered. He smiled and started eating the rest of the beans. After he finished up we talked for a bit.
"James do you think we could start the lessons now" I excitedly said.
"Oh my of course" he said almost in a rush. He helped me up and we walked outside of the little cabin.
***
I sat down on the porch as he stood in front of me explaining how to kill "Biters" as he calls them.
"You take your knife and stub it into a Biters head, that's the only way to kill them okay" He said very seriously.
I nodded my head and stood up. I pointed to a bag of flour siting on a chair which had a face drawn on it. He handed me the knife and watched me. I quickly walk up to the bag and stub the knife into it, also turning the knife a bite to pull it out. I walked back over to him and handed the knife back. He smirked at me, and I just looked confused.
"Are you sure you never used a knife before" He laughed patting me on the back. I just laughed along with him until our heads snapped in the direction of a growl. A Biter came walking towards us.
"Do you want me to take care of that" James whispered pointing to the gruesome thing. I shook my head and grabbed the knife I hopped towards it and looked into it's eyes. Dead and lost, nothing else the person it was before was gone. I through my self at the Biter straddling it's waist and pushing the knife into it's skull causing blood to spat on my forehead. I look at my hands, which were covered in blood, and something hits my mind so hard that I start to sob
Flashback
The wind was blowing very strong today, and it was starting to get to cold to live in the car. I looked over at my mom and dad with a worried expression.
"Mom I'm cold" I whine pulling the blanket up to my chest. She looked over at me and frowned.
"Its okay sweetie we are going to find a house" she whispered and patted my shoulder. I sighed as the car started up with a roar.
The tree passed in a slow blur as the car began to spin off the road. I felt almost as if I was flying, I was in a warm cloud. I felt like I was in heaven until the darkness consumed my body pulling me in to a deep sleep.
My head pounded in pain, A pain like no other. I could hear my parents muffled voices. My vision was blurry but I could still make out were I was. I pulled my self out of the car through the window. As my vision came into focus I was hit with a wave of fear. the unsettling sight made me cringe. My moms eyes were blood shot and she was cut up and sliced almost to pieces. Her collar bone pierced right through her flesh. I exhaled the carbon dioxide that had filled my lungs. She buried her teeth into the flesh of my father. Those muffled voices I heard were the screams of the pain my father was feeling.
He slowly turned his head directing his attention to me. Out of all the pain he must of felt he managed to yell "RUN!" No I cant leave him. I frantically looked around for something. I spotted a peace of glass and picked it up. I took a deep breath then exhaled. I ran at my mom ramming the blade deep into her skull. She fell to the ground like dead weight. I sat next to my dad as tears flowed down my cheeks. I wiped them away causing it to burn a bit from the fabric, I've always had sensitive skin. "Dear-" I cut him off by saying "Shh your going to be safe I'll be fine." I said in between sobs. Those words were the hardest words to adjust to.
End of Flashback
"Lexi, Lexi" He scream shaking me out of my memory. My parents are dead, there dead! I looked at James with a worried look. I close my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

10 votes= new chapter