Chapter 13

Carl's P.O.V
I woke up to a large sob coming from Ethan's crib. I slowly hop out of bed and pick him up. I look into his puffy red eyes and kiss his cheek.
"Shh, your okay" I cooed.
He smiled and giggled a little bit. I grabbed a bottle and made his breakfast. I walked back over to my bed and sat down feeding Ethan. He is just the best, he can really change the mood of a situation.
"I love you" I whispered as he finished up his bottle. I placed him on a blanket on my bed and put the bottle in a pile of dirty ones. I gave him a little key ring to play with as I got changed. He just sat there looking down and sucking on it. I quickly put on a plaid shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed a little plaid shirt and a pair of jeans for Ethan. I changed him into his outfit which matched mine. He looked down at his little shirt and giggled. I grabbed a bag with a blanket and some toys for Ethan. I took a deep sigh and looked at my cell door. It's been a month in this cell but Ethan really needs fresh air, he needs the vitamin C from the sun.
I walked slowly out of my cell walking through the dinning room. I felt all eyes on my me and heard a few gasp. I look at them and give them a cold hard glare. I turn back around and walk into the flied. The sun was out shining bright and it was almost blinding. I felt like a vampire melting away as the sun kissed every inch of my body. Ethan giggled and grabbed my finger biting it causing it to be cover in slobber. I kissed his little forehead and walked a little farther. I sat down and placed him on my lap. I took the backpack from off my back and pulled out the blanket setting it on the ground in front of me. I placed him on it and gave him the couple of toys I brought for him.
***
It was round 5 or 6, we have been sitting here in the sun for a hours. The sun was starting to set so, I packed up and grabbed Ethan holding him in my arms. I walked into the building walking past everyone eating supper I assume. I walked back to my cell and changed Ethan into his pajamas and fed him his night time bottle. I place him into his crib as he slowly was falling asleep. I walked up to Lexi's bed and climbing into the bed and covering myself with a blanket.
"Good night Ethan" I whispered before falling into a horrifying sleep.
***
The smell was horrid, the walkers were all around us as we walked up to a building surrounded by a tall fence. I looked to my side and there she was as beautiful as ever. Her smile was bright, and her long brown hair flowed to her sides. Just as I was about to touch her she was crawling into a heard. I screamed for her to come back and tried running to get her but I was being pulled away by a strong pair of arms. I looked one last time but I was surprised at what I saw. A boy with a blurry face picked her up and ran.
***
I woke up gasping for air, was that real. I think that was a memory not just a dream. I looked over at Ethan who was still calmly asleep. I sighed and passed the thought away. It was just a dream . I closed my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.
10 votes= new chapter