Chapter 7

As I walked up the stairs, I followed a soft set of tears. I quickly went into Ethan's room and lifted him out of his blue crib. I rocked him slowly and sang a sweet melody. It's too cold for you now so let me hold both your hand in the holes of my sweater. Ethan wrapped his tiny finger over my mine and smiled. I gave him his bottle, that he started to gulp down.
"Look at him go" Carl laughed leaning on the doorway. I looked down at Ethan and his sprinkling blue eyes looked at me.
" Yes, He's really hungry" I simply reply. Carl walked over to us and placed his arms around my back.
"We should start packing up, so we can get back home" He whispered in my ear, then walking out leaving me alone with Ethan once again.
After they were done packing up
I kicked a rock at a tree near my right side. I'm really bored, I am waiting for Carl to quickly finish up washing in the lake so I can wash up. After we were done the packing, we started to walk back in the direction where the prison is but Carl saw this lake and decided to wash up first. I looked off at a red bird that flew right passed a walker. I pulled out my knife that has a small handle walking towards the ugly looking walker, Jabbing my knife into its skull. Some blood whipped at my forehead making little circles. It went falling to the ground making a small thump sound. It was lifeless finally at rest. It just laid there dead. What the dead should be doing, NOTHING. I run back over to little Ethan picking him up and kissing his cheek.
"How is my little dude doing today" I whispered in a babyish tone. He smiles in response and giggled a little bit. As I was about to turn around Carl walked up taking Ethan from my arms.
"I'm done you can go now" He smiled avoiding eye contact.
I looked at Ethan one last time and took my soap and other stuff I needed. I walked slowly over to the lake dropping my things and started to undress. I jumped in and felt the cool water vibrations splash my warm body. It was cold at first, but it dissolved as I swam around. I swam near the shore and squeezed some of the blue liquid into my palms and began to rub it all over my body. I swam deeper going underwater to fully get all the body wash off. I popped my head up for breath and Carl was standing at the shore.
He was waving and had a worried look on this face. He held Ethan gently in one hand. He hid behind a tree and put his finger to his lip signaling me not to make a sound. I was half under the water and half not. All you could see were my eyes and my nose. I looked beyond the tree and saw a small heard of walkers walking right passed us but if we were to make a sound or a tiny noise, we would dead. About 10 or 15 minutes later the heard had moved on but not that far ahead. Carl couldn't leave the spot he sat in because the walkers were not that far ahead and could still hear us. I slowly and quietly swam to shore making sure Carl couldn't see anything. I grabbed my towel and waved at Carl to not look. He turned around and I quickly dried off and put my clothes back on. I ran over to Carl and we ran in the direction of the prison which was not the way the walkers were walking, thank god for that.

We just kept running and didn't look back.

10 votes = A New Chapter.

love ya <3