Chapter 2

I slightly yawn as the sun rays try to peek through the door.
"Ugh," I whine pulling my blankets over my head. I hear loud footsteps walk into the cell and I jump up as I feel a hand punch my stomach. 

"Wake up my dad wants you," A boy about my age says. I jump down off my bunk and grabbed my outfit from yesterday. 

"Nice to meet you too," I said making him turn slowly to look at me.
I didn't know what to think about him, but I hope I don't get a wake-up punch every day.

"Its Lexi right" He asked with an eyebrow raised

"Yes, I just got here yesterday" I almost whispered.

 He looked me up and down and chuckled "I'm surprised you even lasted a day out there, while your in here though, you don't talk to me okay? I could care less about some girl my dad thinks bringing back here is a good idea" He snarled at me.

I stood there in stock, he was nothing like his father. So mean so cruel to someone hes never meet. He has no idea what I've been through. I guess i was standing there in silence for to long because he shrugged and just left. 

 I quickly changed and slipped on my boots while putting my knife tucked in my left. I adjusted my gun holder and checked my ammo once more before walking out to the dining area. I walked over to Carol who was handing out oatmeal. 

"Hey, Carol do you know where Rick is," I asked. 

"Of course he's out in the gardens with Carl" she smiles pointing to the exit. 

I thanked her and walked out to the gardens where Rick was working hard. 

"Rick you asked for me," I asked clearing my throat. 

"Oh Lexi yes, would you like to go on a run with Carl" he replied calmly.
I looked over at Carl that was glaring at me and then back to Rick. 

"Sure, anything you want" I answer making Carl growl.

Rick leaned in closer and whisper in my ear " Carl is a handful, try not to get hurt". I nodded and walked over to Carl who handed me a backpack. He smiled at his father then continued to walk to the gate. We walked out the gate and began to walk into the woods. We had walked for about 30 minutes until we found a house. I walked up to the house and push the door open aiming my gun at the first walker I see. Before I could shoot Carl walked past me and stabbed it in the head. I sighed and walked upstairs quickly walking in each room making sure it's clear. I walk downstairs and there was a walker behind Carl.
"Carl, behind you" I yell making him turn around and the walker falling on top of him. The walkers teeth were so close to his neck and before I could do anything he shot the walker. He pushed the lifeless walker off of him and stormed towards me. Oh, no...he's mad. He walked up to me pushing me to the ground and getting on top of me. He punched me once in the face and began to scream. 

"WHY DIDNT YOU DO ANYTHING, YOU COULD'VE GOT ME KILLED, YOU FUCKING IDIOT". He calmed down a little getting off of me, then pulling me up. He pulled me closer so I could feel his breath on my ear.

 "Don't think you can come and just do anything you want, your in my house now" he whispered. He walked away but turned around to look at me. I looked into his sparkling light blue eyes and got lost immediately. The color changed quickly to a dark blue and he had a blank face like he feels nothing, cold and careless. My face fell a little at the sudden change. He walked up to me, harshly slapping me across the face.

"Don't look at me like that" He whispered and left the room.
I looked around scavenging a few things and Carl declared that it was time to go. We walked in silence and went our separate ways when we walked into the prison. I walked to my cell and stumbled to the long mirror. I looked at my reflection and saw my swollen eye that I couldn't see out of, a red hand print across my cheek and a large bruise on my stomach.  I can't stop thinking about him, what is he like after you removed the cold shield that he covers himself in. I shouldn't be thinking about him at all, but I'm curious.
From now on I Lexi will try to peel that coat of cold off Carl Grimes.
 To see the real him...