Chapter 3

I stared at my side that had a huge wound covered in blood. I drop to my knees holding my wound in pain. My mouth was open in shock and my breathing began to quicken. I saw a figure run to me and hold my body that was slowly dying. I saw his blue eyes and I knew it was Carl.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shoot you" he whispered in tears.

I looked into his eyes as they flooded in tears and he looked angry at himself. My world began to spin and my sight was going blurry. The pain is excruciating, but it hurts more that I couldn't finish what I started, I couldn't save Carl.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help you" I whispered taking my last breath. Everything seemed to slowly disappear and I could hear him calling my name over and over begging for me to stay with him.

I bolt up with tears in my eyes. I sat up in bunk and just start balling. I felt a slight increase in my bed and a hand rub my back gently.
"Just this once Lexi," he said in a whispered.
I look up and Carl is sitting by me with his arms out. I jumped into his arms crying into his shoulder.
" I watched my own death, my death... Carl, I'm all alone, I have nobody" I mumbled into his shoulder. He broke the hug and looked into my eyes.
"When you feel down I'm here" his eyes were a bright light blue and showed emotion for once. He laid down and pulled me into his chest. Where's the Carl from yesterday, oh well I like this side. 
"Sleep you need it" he whispered in my ear. I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a deep peaceful sleep. I actually feel safe.