Chapter 16

Lexi's P.O.V

I smile as I look out the window. I was finally going on my first run, James has been teaching me and he thinks I'm ready. I turn and look over at him, he had his glaze on the road. I look away and look at the scenery around me. I was happy, but for some reason there is a hole in my heart and I don't know why. My head hurts from all the remembering and what I'm remembering is hurting my heart. I sigh and look at the beautiful trees passing by. As my eyes begin to close I felt a light touch on my knee. I smiled and let my dreams take me away.

Rick's pov

I hop in the drivers side and wait until Daryl gets into the passenger side. We are going on a quick run to get some baby food, we're all out and we have to feed two. I wave for Glenn to open the gates and I drive out. We are just going to a small shop, that we tried getting into. We took out some of the walkers but there was still quite a lot so we just went back.

As I drive, I decide to turn the radio on. I was just expecting static but a slight quite voice echoed through the car. I looked over at daryl and we pulled over. I tried to get the voice back but it was gone.
"Rick did you hear what I heard" Daryl whispered. I looked at him and nodded.
"The voice said they were at Rico's department store, and they were in trouble" I said looking at Daryl
He looked out the window and then are at me.
"Are we going, it's not far from here" He asked.
I have a bad feeling about this....
"Lets go" I said pulling away from the curb and speeding towards Rico's Hardware store.

Carls pov

I was still in awe from the beautiful sight in front of me. This cabin looks gorgeous, almost untouched. I walk over and try to open the door, but sadly it was locked. I sighed and checked the back which wasn't locked. The people here before probably never thought to lock the back door, silly mistake. I walked in and quickly checked the house to make sure it was clear. I smiled when there was nothing here and sat down on the couch. I let out a deep breath and smiled. Its been so long since I've been on a run and it feels good to be out of the prison. I looked around and spotted a pretty painting on the wall. It was a picture of a forest at night, the sky was covered in tiny Fire Flys and there was a little river which a white tailed deer was talking a drink from. I smiled and remember how beautiful the deer was, when I was little I had the chance to see one myself and it was pure beauty. This world is covered in vicious dead creatures taking our loved ones away, they take away our best friends and anything that means something to us. The world just causes us pain, and we have to live with it. Seeing something that has beauty is rare, so you truly have to hold on to them, so when you need them they'll be there.

I walked up and went into the kitchen. I walked over and started to look through the cupboards when I heard a slight dripping sound. I stopped and walked over to where the noise was coming from. The sink was dripping water, water? I turned the nob and cold water shot out of the tap. I smiled leaning in and taking a long damn sip. I wiped my mouth and turned the tap off. Their water still works, they must have there own water system. A thought ran through my mind causing my to run up the stairs into a the bathroom.
I turned the water on making it hot and smiled.
Finally a hot shower.

Thanks for voteing on this book, I truly appreciate it. I read your comments and they mean a lot. I'm starting many new books and I can't wait to be able to show them to you.

10 votes
5 comments
= New chapter