Chapter 21

Lexi's pov
It's been a couple weeks now, and I'm finally not using crutches anymore. So I gave them to Herschel in case anyone ever hurts theirself. Which he thanked me for. I was outside picking blue berry's in the crops, I can't believe we've got blue berry's to grow. I wanted to learn about walkers and killing but Rick said it was best to stay inside the gates until my remembering is more study. I haven't remembered anything much after the Carl memory but I've been remembering little things like more of the prison.
The sun was really hot causing me to sweat like crazy. I looked down at my basket which was almost full. Maybe I can make some kind of blueberry dessert with these. I've really found myself loving cooking. I've been working in the kitchen as well as the crops. Carol has been teaching me little things, and I've grown a strong relationship with her. She's like the anutie I've never had. I pick a couple more berries and start walking towards the prison. I heard my name being called and I turned around to see Carl running up to me. I half smiled and waved my hand telling him to hurry and tell me what he wants.
" Do you think you could help me with folding clothes later " he asked. I nodded my head.
" Sure I'll be in the kitchen, just come get me when you want me" I said walking off leaving him standing there. I could feel his smile burning the back of my head, making me smile to myself. I walk into the prison walking over to Carol. I put the blue berry's on the counter and looked over at Carol.
" Hey Carol, is there anyway we could make some kind of dessert with the blue berry's" I asked pointing to the blue berry's.  She looked at me and than suddenly smiled and opened up a cupboard. She grabbed out a saucepan and our portable burner.
" Can you grab me the sugar, cornstarch and salt" she asked pointing to a cupboard on the right end. I quickly grabbed the items and put them on the counter.
" Let's make no bake blueberry pie " she said smiling and  starting to measure out the ingredients. Shes honesty the best.

Carls pov

I walk back over to my dad who was feeding the pigs. He looked over at me and sighed.
" You need to give her time son, she's to nice to say no, you know that right" he said looking back down at the pigs. He was right for the time I've known her she's never said no, even if that meant risking her life. I just wanted to spend time with her, she made me feel again and I love it.
" I know dad, I just wanna take baby steps, with her" I said looking down at violet. She looked so sick, I really hope she doesn't die.