Chapter 7: Dr. Xander

We were wheeled down a long corridor. There was a door at the end of the corridor which I guessed was where Dr. Xander would be. I looked at SkyBird. She looked just as nervous as me. I wanted to reach out to her and hold her hand for comfort, but I was restrained to a wheelchair! One man opened the door while Mr. Peterson and Dr. Eric wheeled SkyBird and I in. There was a man sitting in a large chair. He wore glasses, a white lab coat that was unbuttoned, a white button up shirt, black pants, black shoes, had black mid-length hair, dark brownish green eyes, and fair skin. Dr. Xander looked to be in his early fourties. “So this is the legendary Hero and SkyBird?” Dr. Xander asked without looking up.

“Yes sir!” both Mr. Peterson and Dr. Eric said in unison. It was a little creepy if you ask me.

“Wait we’re legendary?” SkyBird asked. I was wondering the same thing actually. We’re legendary here?! Hard to believe actually. If anything I thought we would be labeled as a nuisance rather than legendary.

“Of course you both are. You SkyBird have seven gifts. And you Hero have seven gifts too. That is the most gifts I have heard of a person having in all my years. Most people only have from one to four gifts, but seven?! Even I’m astonished!”

“How’d you know that we have seven different abilities?!” I questioned. I had to admit this guy seemed to know almost everything.

“I know everything about children who are different. I even know your specific abilities. SkyBird you have wings, can dream of future events, is part wolf, has better hearing than humans, can blood bend, can water bend, and can influence others by thought. Hero you have wings, can dream of future events, is telekinetic, is electrokinetic, is stronger than humans, see auras, and has enhanced lungs,” Dr. Xander gloated. It seemed to me that he was showing off how intelligent and smart he was, which was really starting to piss me off.

“So why’d you want to meet us?” SkyBird asked. She and I both just wanted him to get to the point.

“Right. I wanted to meet you both to let you in on something,” Dr. Xander smirked. SkyBird and I looked at each other and exchanged looks.

“What it is?” I asked. Part of me wanted to know but another part wanted nothing to do with it.

“These men that work for me except the scientists and doctors are all enhanced. They all have better eyesight, are faster, smarter, and overall better than the human race. Soon the whole human race will be wiped out in a war between humans and mutants. Then I will become ruler of the world. The world become a better place without those pesky, weak, humans. And you know what?” Dr. Xander said evilly.

“What?” SkyBird and I both asked in unison. We were both overwhelmed and freaked out by all the information Dr. Xander just shared with us.

“The war is coming up real soon. It will began in December. We will first take down U.S.A, then China, then Europe, then Asia, then South America, then Africa, then everything that’s left until there’s no more humans!” Dr. Xander broke out into an evil laugh. Boy is he just a chuckle factory, except everything he said wasn’t making SkyBird nor I laugh. We were totally mortified!

“I think it’s time we bring them back to their cages,” Dr. Eric replied, disturbing Dr. Xander’s moment.

“Of course,” Dr. Xander finally replied after a moment of awkward silence. Dr. Eric and Mr. Peterson began to wheel us back to the room where all the other different children were being held captive.

“You both better not tell anyone about what Dr. Xander said or else!” Mr. Peterson threatened through gritted teeth.

“Or else what?!” I countered. There was probably nothing that could happen that could make things any worse than they already were. Trust me.

“Or else we’ll kill you both and everyone you know and love. Got it?” Dr. Eric said in a creepy, nice tone.

“Got it,” SkyBird and I both replied. I knew that we couldn’t tell a living soul, but we needed to somehow stop this war from happening. I mean seriously, the human race is in stake!