Chapter 15: We Meet Again

Connor, SkyBird and I all landed only seven feet away from our enemies. AWTOK. They had their guns pointed right at us. I guess they were too weak to fight with their hands.

“Up! NOW!” I ordered as we all shot into the sky. As we flew the men started shooting at us. We all maneuvered around and dodged the tranquilizer darts. That’s when something went wrong. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a man with what looked to be a bazooka. Wait. A BAZOOKA?! He shot right at us. A big torpedo came flying right at us. Everything started to slow down. I looked over at SkyBird who was slowing down time. Well looks like she discovered a new ability, and at the right time at that too. Connor, SkyBird, and I all pushed off the air as we just missed the torpedo. Time started to then normalize. Connor and I both looked at SkyBird and smiled encouragement her way. She deserved it after all for saving our lives.

“Look!” Connor said pointing to a skyscraper. The torpedo hit the building in the middle and exploded. The building slowly started to tip as rubble started to fly. Dust came flying our way too. Everyone’s eyesight was wiped out by the thick, suffocating, fog.

Connor glided backwards and landed. He had caught a metal pipe and was using it as a weapon. SkyBird dipped her wing to the right as she glided down next to him. I dive bombed to the ground and landed with one knee and hand touching the ground. We all looked up as the smoke cleared and saw Dr. Xander with his men walking behind him towards us.

“Get them NOW!” he yelled as he pointed towards us. SkyBird, Connor, and I all spread our wings and powerfully flapped. We were covered in a whitish colored dust. Sirens and screams could be heard in the distance from the incident with the building. It was destroyed. I hope the humans get this wake up call. The war is coming soon. This destroyed building will be nothing compared to the war. This war will be the end of humanity if it isn’t stopped.

“Bring out the men,” Dr. Xander ordered his agents. They nodded and ran to three black vans and opened the backs up. Out came SWAT men in their getup.

“Looks like we’re too tough for them so they needed to bring in the SWAT team,” Connor joked as we all glided four hundred feet above them. I nodded and SkyBird smiled.

“I’m gonna go down there and show them who’s scary!” I said as I dove down. I closed my eyes and prayed my power would work by will. I landed on the ground and faced them.

“So you’ve come to get caught?” Dr. Xander asked mockingly. I shook my head and closed my eyes. I imagined them all standing. Their auras were red and powerful, especially Dr. Xander. I focused on the SWAT team. I imagined their energy, then my own. I imagined my energy reaching out to theirs and lifting them into the air.

“Oh my! Hero’s gonna do it! She’s gonna control her telekinesis!” SkyBird said as she and Connor watched proudly.

“What are you doing? It’s over,” Dr. Xander laughed. The rest of his men and the SWAT team started to laugh. I felt angry as I felt their energy flow into me. I’ll show them! 

“Wa! SIR!” one of the SWAT men cried out. Dr. Xander turned around and was amazed. The man was floating in mid-air! Then more of the SWAT men started miraculously floating in the air.

“She’s better than I thought. SHOOT HER NOW!” Dr. Xander shouted with anger in his tone.

“Oh no!” Connor yelped as he flapped in the air helplessly. SkyBird closed her eyes and swooped down at the men. She crashed into them and ended up knocking the guns out of their grasps. That was just enough time for me to send each SWAT member flying. I opened my eyes and looked around. SkyBird walked over to me and hugged me. Connor dive bombed us both with a bear hug. I felt safe around them.

“Bravo. Bravo. You’ve done it. Congratulations,” Dr. Xander said as he clapped. I glared at him.

“If you think we’re gonna let you get away with the war that you’re planning then you’re out of your mind!” I spat.

“That is where you are wrong stupid children. You see the war has already started!” Dr. Xander replied with an evil grin.

“I thought you said it was going to start in December. It’s only November,” Connor said looking Dr. Xander straight in the eyes.

“You’re all such fools! The war has been in motion for weeks! All of my non-human men have been placed around the world. All I have to do is give them the order to attack,” Dr. Xander informed us with a snide grin.

“They’re not non-human. They’re just humans that willingly let you and your scientists enhance them. All of the non-humans have either been killed by you, are in captivity, or are in hiding,” SkyBird replied. Connor and I nodded in agreement.

Dr. Xander smirked and turned around towards one of the black cars, “Stupid non-human pests. We shall meet again when the war begins.” We all watched him and his men retreat. Then we all turned to the students and teachers who stood there mouth agape.

“Well look at the time. We better get going,” Connor said as all three of us took off into the dusty colored sky. The war was closer than we originally thought. What if we couldn’t stop this war after all that we’ve gone through? What if Dr. Xander does succeed in wiping out the human race? Then what do we do?