~{Chapter 29}~

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

~listening to music on her IPod~

"You see me standing there
And act like you don't know me
But last night you were calling me
Saying you want me. Oh why you always make me feel Like I'm the one that's crazy, You feel my heart racing, My, my heart racing
Boy, I need you here with me. We can't go on this way, I'm falling hard for you. All I can say
We're going round & round..."

"Conner?" I pulled out my headphones and looked up at Conner. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me around the corner.

"Conner what are you doing? I'm going to be late for class!?" He stopped and slammed my body hard against a set of lockers, causing me to wince in pain from the contact of the hard metal against my spine.

"Shut up Emma and listen!" Conner shouted, increasing the force on my wrists as he held my defenseless body against the lockers.

"Why would I listen to you?" I looked up at his cold disgusting eyes, no heart what so ever. Rage filling his eyes as he brought his hand up and intentionally slapped me square across the face. I pulled out of his grip and held my stinging cheek. I wanted to scream, scream for help, use my powers or anything to get this boy away from me. I wanted to call for Max but I left my phone in my locker. I was helpless. No teachers around to catch this boy and take him to the principals for deliberately slapping a girl and holding her captive. Where's the help when you need it and now, I especially need it!

"Emma listen, I want you, I need you to be my girlfriend. Emma I love you! Why won't you understand?" Conner asked, his eyes softened and so did his grip on my arms.

"Why?! Why?! Conner, first of all, you SLAPPED ME! Second, you forcefully grabbed me and held me against the lockers as you tried to forcefully kiss me and third, I have a boyfriend and he is much the man I ever want as you are Conner! Why would I ever want to date you when you abuse me and treat me like crap like your ex, Veronica?!" I had enough of his crap, thinking that he can control me like his own wooden puppet. See Conner, there is no strings attached on this girl! I will not listen, I will not take crap from rude people like him or Veronica no more! I'm done, I'm through!

"Now you listen to me!" Conner enforced, his voice big and booming, his eyes full of rage. He brought his hand up the second time. I closed my eyes as his hand sliced the side of my cheek. Tears were rolling down my now bruised cheeks. He lets go of my wrists and cups my cheeks and squeezes them. "I don't care about your puny worthless boyfriend, Max is no match for me! I can kick his butt any day of the week, so if you think that your "boyfriend" can save you, you better think again, as long as I am here, baby, you better choose because I think you will be picking me much sooner than you think." I glared at him, the smirk that played on his face made me want to throw up. He squeezed my lips some more, he leaned in and crashed our lips together. I didn't want to kiss him back! He bit my bottom lip hard as he slowly pulls away, I swear I could taste my own blood. He smirked and pushed me off the lockers as I fell to the floor. He laughed and walked off. That Jerk!  I hate him, I HATE HIM! If I could hit him in between the legs I would just to teach him a lesson! I grabbed my backpack and limped to the nurses office for a bandage.

~{Max's .P.O.V.}~
~in biology~

I look up at the chalk board and back to the clock. Where's Emma? She's never late? The door swings open and in walks Emma. She hands the teacher a slip and limps back to her seat next to me. She takes off her backpack and sets her notebooks down on the desk. Tears fall down her cheeks as she quickly tries to cover them up with her sleeves.

"Emma what happened to you? Who did this to you?" Emma didn't look at me. She didn't even welcome me with a smile like she always does but simply cried but quietly do no one could hear. I gently brought my fingers up to her chin as I brought her eyes to mine. I wiped her tears as she continued to sob.