~{Chapter 39}~

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~
~outside in the backyard~

"Baby, I've been searching, Searching through these crowds To maybe find someone who knows what I'm about. All these excuses, too young to settle down, So it's crazy what you got me doing now. Hold up baby You know you drive me crazy And I want everybody to know. I'm down Nobody's looking right now Ain't no time for messing around But it won't take a minute
Baby come kiss me quick! Let's act out feeling, right here Make this unforgettable. Baby come kiss me quick!" Max sang as we both lay down on the trampoline together, both our bodies sprawled out on the edge of the springs.

"Are you sure about that?" I giggled to myself, Max smirked and pecked my cheek.

"I love you Emma!"

"I love you too Max!"

"Hey Emma!"

"What babe?" I asked him, I tilted my head and met his chocolate brown eyes.

"What do say about going to the carnival together?" Max asked with a smile.

"Really!"

"If you're up for it!" Max says taking my hand in his.

"What are we standing around here for, let's go to the carnival!" With that, I jump off the trampoline and run to the car.

~{At The Carnival}~

I seemed scared inside like my stomach was doing flips inside just by looking at the big and terrifying rides. Are you really going to do this Emma, don't forget Emma, you are scared of heights!? Oh shoot, I was so excited about going to the carnival with Max that I completely forgot about my fear of heights! How Am I Gonna Do This?

"Let's go on this ride first!" Max says excitedly, he grabs my hand in his and pulls me to a massive ride which coincidentally looks like a zipper and what a coincidence, it's name is called the Zipper! I wonder how I'm gonna survive? A tall man opens a cart and motions for us to get in. Me and Max squeeze into together tightly as the man closes the door. The man pulls the lever and we begin to levitate off the ground. I was literally scared at this point so I dug my nails in the railing like I was holding on to my dear life. The machine began to shake, spin even. The cart that impaled us from moving was flipping with every round the Zipper went, now I see how it got its name, haha! I look at Max as my whole world flashes before my eyes. I look at him as he screams with excitement, holding my hand as the cart spins around with every thrust the machine goes. Seeing him smile like that showed me that there's nothing to actually worry about but just having fun.

The ride slowed down as we came to a stop, the man opened the door to our cart and we got out hand in hand.

"Wasn't that Fun?!" Max yells with excitement.

"Yeah I think?" I say with a half smile.

"You're going to love this next one!" Max smiles as he takes my hand in his and drags me to the next ride. This ride looked like a frickin octopus with its eight legs stretching out. We wait in line. We handed the guy in shades our ticket and got into a two person seat. He walked over to everyone and closed the latch. "Hands up!" He commanded. We lifted our hands up in the air and he closed the latch of the door. I hold on to Max tight as the ride begins to move. Once the ride kicks faster, our seat spins around and wasn't it fun! This was literally the best ride ever! I look at Max as he looks at me as we both put our hands in the air and scream in sync as the cart spins more and more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What would you like to eat?" Max asks me. I seat down on a bench and try to keep the puke down in my throat. That YoYo really got to me and I thought I had an iron stomach but it was all just a lie.

"I don't think I can eat one bite." Max laughs and orders his food. Max comes back with a corn dog and a 7up.

"Awe Max thanks." I kiss his cheek and take a sip of my 7up.

"What ride would you like to go on next?" Max asks as we walk together holding hands.

"Can we just walk around, I don't think my poor little stomach can handle another ride." Max lets out a chuckle and pecks my cheek.

"Whatever you command my darling." I blush, I intertwine Max's strong firm hand in mine and begin to walk. Every you walk, stands, stands and more stands block your every path as they tempt you in with prizes and toys just to play a simple game.

~{Max's .P.O.V.}~

"Come on Emma!" I hand the man of the high striker 10 dollars. The tattooed man hands me a big hammer. "You only have three hits." The man says as he hands me the giant hammer. I reposition myself and struck the hammer against the wooden block. I watch the little metal ball as it slowly rises to the middle just a slight inch from the bell. I reposition myself again and pull back the hammer. I fling the hammer over my shoulders and strike the wooden block again. Still, the tiny metal ball rises just below the bell. "You have one more hit dude." The tattooed man says. I fling the hammer over my shoulders, clench my fists and take a deep breath.

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

It wouldn't hurt Max if I used my powers will it? I balance all my powers on Max. He lifts the hammer over his head and slams the hammer against the wooden block. I watch the tiny metal ball. Faster and faster it goes as it speeds through the middle until it finally hits... The Bell! "Your prize sir." The man with the tattooed face hands Max a giant stuffed monkey. It was the cutest and furriest thing I've ever saw! Max smiles proudly as he walks up to me holding the monkey. He smiles and hands the stuffed animal to me. I look at his eyes and down at his lips. I smile into the kiss as we kiss passionately, everybody staring but we didn't care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Two tickets please sir." The man smiles and hands us two tickets for the Ferris wheel. The man opened the gate to our seat and we got inside. He closed the door and the wheel began spinning. I looked at my monkey and my boyfriend. Max looked at me as my world was falling apart. Why did I have to have a phobia of height? The Ferris wheel kept spinning and spinning and all of sudden, it stopped at the top. I began to panick! I'm probably ruining this night for Max, I'm a terrible girlfriend! I began to cry. Max takes my hand in his and lifts my chin to meet his eyes.

"Emma love, everything is going to be fine. I promise, nothing is going to hurt you as long as I am here." I wipe my tears and smile at Max. He places a strand of hair behind my ear and slowly leans in. I close my eyes as I feel his soft lips pressed against mine. So magical, so perfect. Being with him seemed to take my fear away, I seemed to forget everything.

~{Author's Note}~

Well, how was that? Was it good? I hope it was okay? Well, tomorrow I leave for the camping trip. I will see you all next week or if I find an extra spark plug for my charger and some handy dandy wifi. Haha!

🔘READ, VOTE, COMMENT🔘
❤️LOVE YOU ALL❤️