Chapter Seven

Today, is our fifth day in Idris. We are going to take the kids to lake, out by Riley's barn. It is beautiful there. There is a huge oak tree by the lake that has a rope attached to it. When I was younger, Riley and I would run, grab on to the rope and swing into the lake. We always had so much fun. Until we turned about Eighteen. After that, our parents sent us to college. After college, we were given money to buy a house and that's how we got the house we have now. Gosh, I haven't been here in what five, six years? I miss that so much. I want the kids to go here every summer. I think I can convince Riley to let us come. I wore watermelon red colored jean shorts and a grey tank-top with a watermelon on it. I know, clique, but who cares? I sure as hell don't. My swimsuit was a simple white one, but it had crisscrossed string in the front. Riley wore a plain back high wasted swimsuit bottoms and a gold swimsuit top. Then for her outfit, she wore Black Elephant Boho Shorts and a mint green tank top. The kids wore simple bathing suits and shorts and a tee-shirt. I only convinced Riley to come by telling her that we will go for chocolate chip ice cream afterwards. I know she wants to come, but she's worried about the kids getting hurt. By the angle, ever since she had the kids, she's become a big worrier. She's a fun-hater, I swear.

"Ya, mommy your a fun--hater!" Wow, I swear, the Ravenkeys can read minds! Once we get to the lake, I take my shorts and tee-shirt off and run to the rope.

"Nooo! Haleigh, its not safe!! The rope has been there for like fifteen years! It could break." I ignore her and continue running. I swing off the rope, and then I black out.

Riley's POV

"HALEIGH!" I shout, running to her. O saw her slip off the rope, and the water starting to turn red. I quickly get the kids out of the lake and run to Haleigh. I pull her out of the water, sobbing. I call my parents and Haleighs parents. They come out of a portal and start sobbing with me.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! HELP HER!", I yell at them. They take her away, and I watch the kids. I'm taking them home. I go back to the institute and grab the kids clothes. I make a portal and take the kids through. I call Aiden and he comes home. I kiss him, explain every thing and leave.

Back at the barn

"Where is she?" I demand.

"In there." My mom points to the house by the barn. I sprint over, and see Haleigh, my dad and her parents in the room. They are giving her medication, and telling her something. I run in and push them out of her way. I hug her and ask her if she's OK.

"Um? Who are you?" She asked me. My heart falls out of me, and my eyes get watery.

"Just kidding!" She tells me. Meanie! I thought she forgot me, friend of 12 freaking years!

"I hate you"

"Awe, I love you too!"