Rebellious Princess

Illios POV*

I was fuming with anger... "What do you mean she's gone! Where is she?", I bellowed.

"Princess Samia was not in her room when you summoned me to fetch her. I've looked all over the palace your Highness, she is no where to be found.", the dainty handmaiden whimpered.

Samia was in for a world of trouble!  "The moment I get my hands on her.." I growled out loud, thinking of all the ways I could punish her.  My daughter is as stubborn as they came. A trait that stems directly from her mother.

Oh goddess, thoughts of Samia's mother always seem to crawl in my head when I least expect them to. She was a vile woman that tricked me into loving her, into bedding her. Thank the gods I was able to take my daughter from her arms the minute she birthed her, lest her evil should rub off on her.

Just as I was going to end Ximara, she somehow escaped from my grasp while I was distracted with Samia. Cairos and I searched years for her, but the little sneaky wench was good at hiding.

I've always seen to Samia's happiness ever since I first laid eyes on her, ever since she was a tiny helpless babe. Lately, she's been trying my patience though, rebeling against me. She knows how important tonight is and she did this i'm sure just to spite me.

Doesn't she know I am only doing what's best for her? I am giving her a kingdom for crying out loud, you'd think she would be somewhat grateful no? How bad could these men vouching for her love be?

Dismissing the handmaiden, I climbed down the staircase and was flanked with two of my personal guards. Eros and Llyr were my most trusted men. They've been at my side for centuries now and never once faltered in their loyalty to me or the crown.

"Cairos has arrived, Sir. He is accompanied by two of his promised knights, his eldest son and his guard", Llyr informed me.

I sighed, this girl is going to be the death of me I swear... I made my way to the castle entrance to greet them, Llyr and Eros at my side.

I haven't seen my brother in what seemed like ages. If father were here i'm sure he would be so disappointed at how things turned out. He tried so hard to keep his family together, but only Cairos is to blame for that.

I entertain my brother still, only because we share the same blood... the same face.

****

Samia POV*

Finally in my room I can now daydream about the Alpha. I had no idea wolves could be so attractive. Although i've come across many of them in my days, never have I been so captivated by one... They all seem to be good looking, Jake for example... with his Blonde hair and blue eyes, the man was simply adorable. But I still can't help but think Stephan is much more handsome.

A quiet knock interrupted my thoughts. I was sprawled on my bed when I opened my eyes. "Come in," I muttered.

My handmaiden came in with her head bowed. "What is it Nala?".

"The King has been searching for you. He is meeting with The Dark Lord and his men at this very moment. Please, you must go to them," she urged.

I blew out my bangs from my face and threw my head back on the bed with a grunt. That's when I realized the nagging pain in my head from someone trying to contact me telepathically. I lowered my barrier...

'Samia! Where have you been!?'

'Father, please. Why can't you at least give me some time to find my soul-mate. Give me a chance to be happy.'

'You know the fae laws my child. You will be 25 in two months time. You are my one and only child. If you do not take the throne on your birthday, the crown will go to my brother Cairos. Do you really want that to happen?'

'Of course I don't! I just... I want to marry someone I love. Marriage means something to me father. I can't help but feel like your forcing me to make some sort of business deal.'

'Oh Samia... What if we come to some sort of compromise. Humor me for these next two months and host the challenges for these knights. You might even take a liking to one of them in the process. In the duration of this time... I will allow you to continue your search for your "soul-mate" as well. If you find him, you may marry him instead. But if you do not, you must choose one of the knights and fulfill your duty as Seelie Queen, once and for all.'

I mentally sent him a smile, 'Deal.'

Author's Note: Pic of Illios--->