Let the Games Begin

Samia POV*

We were all gathered in the courtyard, my knights stood before me in all their glory. They wore the suits provided for them. Black tunics with wine red colored outlining. On their backs was the kingdoms symbol, a dragon. Black fitted trousers and boots completed their ensemble.

My father stood on my right and my uncle to my left. I was wearing a cute emerald green dress. The top wrapped around my curves and the bottom poofed out into a short tutu. The corset pushed my cleavage a bit higher then I would've liked... But i'm sure my knights won't mind too much.

I let out a small giggle. Father turned to me and lifted a questioning eyebrow. I simply shrugged and turned back to the knights.

My eyes met Llyrs then... He was staring intently at me. I'm sure wondering if I felt the same for him as he did me after he confessed his feelings for me last night. I honestly wasn't sure how I felt about him. He has been father's guard for 209 years now. A loyal member of our court and a dear friend to me. Of course I loved him... But could I ever be 'in love' with him? I'm not sure, we will just have to see where things go from here. I gave him a reassuring smile and he quickly returned it.

I focused on the audience behind the knights. Gathered as witnesses were the rest of our court. Seeing them all here... at once...was breathtaking. The fae are a beautiful race indeed. We share the same 'form' as humans except we are more ethereal... enchanting really. Our skin shimmers in sunlight, our hair shines and our eyes sparkle. When we conjure our wings you will notice how they coincide with our hair and eyes as it is as much a part of us genetically. For example, my wings had swirls of silver and purple like my eyes... and shades of indigo and black like my hair.

Among the fairies in attendance I see Keira with a shit eating grin giving me two thumbs up. She tapped her head signaling she was attempting to contact me so I let my barrier down for her.

'Oh my goddess Samia! You are one lucky girl to have a feast of such yummy knights at your beck and call!'

'Yeah, to think one of them could possibly be my future husband.'

'What do you mean 'possibly'.  Don't you mean 'surely'?

She doesn't know of the promise father gave me.  

'Father and I made a deal. If I find my mate during these last two months before my coronation then I can marry him instead. If I don't then of course I would have to marry one of the knights'

'Oh I see... Well I have no idea how you can possibly give up the courts most sought after bachelor, Llyr. Come to think of it, that blonde un-seelie one is just as delicious, no?'

'Oh no, you mean Cain? He hates me! I couldn't possibly end up with him!'

'What do you mean he hates you?'

'Have you not noticed the way the man looks at me? As if I personally did something to him?'

'Sami i'm sure your just imagining it'

'Keira I am not crazy'

'Have you not met yourself?' She giggled and cut off our link before I could defend myself. The little wench. I sent her a glare and brought myself back to the present affair.

"Welcome everyone! As you all know, these five dedicated knights have elected themselves and were chosen by our council to fight for Princess Samia's hand in marriage and the Seelie Throne. Look upon your future King and praise their bravery!" A thunderous applause followed his words.

"Today's event is magic skill. Each knight will attempt a spell to impress the princess. Once myself, Samia and King Cairos have come to a decision, she will announce the winner at our feast tonight. The knight that performs the worst will be eliminated. Llyr please begin."