XXXIX

Normal day. I was sitting on the ground coloring a picture I had just drawn. I was looking forward to Murtagh's "daily interrogation," which consisted of him continually trying to destroy me at Smash Bros. Brawl. It was fun!!! This had been going on for a little under a week now. I guess Gal decided he had better things to worry about that some 14 year old girl who he couldn't crack by magic, mind, or torture. I mean, he came in like once that entire week for about three seconds to see how things were going. It was before we had even started yet, so he didn't see anything.

But this particular day Gal actually came with Murtagh and his little gang of guards. Gal looked menacing/angry, and Murtagh had his head hung low like my dog after she knows she's done something wrong. He looked sooooooo guilty. That's when I got slightly concerned.

Gal started his speech with, "I hear Murtagh has been doing well with breaking you."

I looked up, add sarcasm, "Oh yeah. He's really been beating me into the ground. A real slave driver. "

"Is that so?"

I say as I'm shaking my head, "Absolutely."

And cue flashback to a few days before.............

Murtagh who has just lost video game battle, again: "How do you continue to defeat me with that yellow.... lightning....rabbit....creature!?!"

I say like Batman who has just won battle: "Because I AM the Pikachu!!!!!!"

"I don't think that is it."

"How can you be sure?"

Totally ignores my question: "Perhaps it is the character. This.... Ike, can not wield magic. I may have to change to the elf. He looks like he can wield magic. He can use magic, right?"

"Well.....no. That's just a special move with his boomerang. No, if you want someone who can wield magic, I'd go with Zelda." I click on Zelda's picture.

"You expect me to play as a girl!?!"

"Well you could always be Peach instead."

"I will not play as a fruit!!!!"

I click on Peach's picture.

"PINK!!! That would be more humiliating than the other!!!!"

"Okay. Then there's my second best character, Samus. She's awesome!" I click on Samus' picture.

Murtagh laughs at me: "That is a man in armor!! You must be very confused!!!"

"Oh, am I?" I change the picture to Zero Suit Samus.

Murtagh gasps and is shocked: "A woman? But...why?!"

"That's just how some......"

"What is she wearing?" He says intriguingly.

"A.......... techy-jumpsuit thing." No idea what to call it.

"It's just so, tight!!!! It's like I can........."

"....... OR YOU COULD BE YOSHI!!!!! HE'S PRETTY GOOD TOO...."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gal's gabbing shook me from my flashback. "Well, just to see how you were progressing, I searched Murtagh's mind and found him trying to hide something from me."

"Really?"

"Yes. And I couldn't break into it all the way, but I did find something very interesting. "