XXXVII

"Hey Ian! How was your..... 'breakfast'?" I was chowing down on a large bowl of Reese's Puffs; the sweet taste of chocolate and peanut butter coursing down my throat. The milk was sweet too. My breakfast was actually.....you know.... edible!!

Ian had been hanging on my dungeon wall for about a week and a half now. Yes, the first week he tried several times to get off of the wall. Did he succeed? No, no he did not. Why? Because Sadie hears everything!!!! All it took was the very faint scrape of metal against metal and BAM!!!! I was there with a search warrant (don't ask), a fly swatter (to slap him with without hurting myself), and a 22 page speech of how he deserved this punishment. I had already confiscated everything on his person that could be used to aid him in his escape. I soon found out that his pockets were like my backpack! NOT FAIR!!!

As the days continued on, we "talked." It wasn't a legit conversation though. It was mostly insults. We went back and forth and back and forth until it declined to these "conversations" that where incredibly awkward in every way!! Because I knew he could get out, I was just waiting for him to do something stupid.
Back to the question......

"Well, it was porridge today," Ian told me.

"Oh. And how was that?"

"The porridge was like saugy bread. The bread had mold on it. And they brought me the watered down grape juice again..."

"Well, that sounds appetizing......" I paused. I wanted to give him food!! This was bad, because I was feeling sympathy for him!! NOT GOOD!! Now this dude had shot me in the back, chocked me, insulted me, tried to ruin one of my favorite childhood book series, and tried to get Gal to torture me, but I wanted to help him! I had chained him to that wall on purpose!! So that he couldn't hurt me or anyone else! But, I'm a goody-goody, and as such was constantly trying to do the right thing. Ian was hungry, and I had the power to help him out.

This is where my dark and light sides got into an argument. Much like those little shoulder angels and devils (vVTheBookwormVv the picture is for you!!! XD)

Light side says.........................
Save him!!! Help him!!! He'll die of starvation and you'll be responsible!!! He's done bad things in the past, but now he'll become good!! You could be friends!!! Think how you could help him!!!

Dark side says....................
Oh please!!!! He's still jerk!! He's done nothing but bad!! He shot you!!! He hurt your friends!!! He has a very poor vocabulary!!!! AND he works for Darkness!!! DARKNESS!!!!! What more proof do you need!!?!!

So, I ended up listening to my dark side. It was right, Ian was NOT trustworthy. I needed to watch him and my emotions more closely......

I was just downing the last of the milk in my bowl when the door opened. Gal and his caravan of guards entered my dungeon. Ian remained silent. He had learned that Murtagh would become executioner if he said even one word. Not because Galbatorix ordered him to, but because he REALLY didn't like him. It was so funny!!! And Ian wasn't really afraid of Murtagh either, he was still trying to get on Gal's good side so that he'd kill me. Was it working? Not even remotely close!

So, yeah, I put my bowl down and looked at Gal in my usual way. It was the "here we go again look" (you know the look). Conversations with Gal had since gotten boring. It was still the "tell me this!!!" "NO WAY!!" conversations. Those tend to get boring after a while. I mean, we had a few entertaining conversions, like when Gal had first seen my "room corner" that I had made in the dungeon. He had flipped out, and then gave in when I told him off like a boss.

So (back to the present) Gal was sitting in his "portable throne" that his goons carried everywhere for him. He looked down at me (I was sitting on the floor) and was like, "So, what shall we talk about today? I know! Let's talk about those plans that the Varden has for their attack!"