XXIV

After the meeting in Nasuada's pavilion, Arya and Eragon were a little (by a little, I mean a lot) angry at me. They went straight to the sparring fields at the back of the camp to practice. They had been sparring for a while now, ever since Eragon was bored and wanted to get better. Arya was crushing him like a bug. No matter how many times the clashed, he failed ultimately. He became angrier and angrier. Sure, over the course of about 1000 duels he won like 3. That's not a very good number AT ALL. 

I stood there watching, bored out of my mind. I didn't want to do anything except sit there due to my attitude. I HATE getting mad at people and having to lecture them on something. So when I do, my high spirits spiral downwards and blow up in an atomic explosion. That's why when I had to lecture Arya, I went yellow to red then down to grey. (For those confused: My friends and I came up with a system. These are the translations to the colors I just gave you: Yellow- happy, Red- angry or unhappy in some way, Grey- not unhappy, not angry, it's more of a depressed thing. You're not down, but you're not happy.)

Finally after maybe three hours of pure anger building up, Eragon didn't care anymore; so he decided to do something stupid. I don't remember what it was, I just know the it was stupid. For those of you who have ever been in a fight, doing something stupid is not smart. That puts you life in jeopardy. Eragon decided to do this. Just as he started to do that, a voice echoed through everyone's head. 

Enough!! it exclaimed. Eragon, Saphira, Arya, and the elves all reacted with a bunch of questions. I reacted by my eyes widening and thinking, Oh man!!! It's this part!!! This was Glaedr. He was a golden dragon. He and his rider died a couple months ago. It was heart breaking. They had been killed by Thorn and Murtagh under the influence of Galbatorix. In the book Eragon had seen everything that happened to them as it happened. The difficult part was that he was in the middle of his own battle, facing a shade. Basically he was in one deadly battle, but his head was watching a different deadly battle. Complicated right?

Luckily before they died, Eragon visited them after making his new sword Brisingr. Glaedr gave Eragon and Saphira his Eldunari (heart-of-hearts) so that he could still teach them should he die (which he did). A heart-of-hearts is like a stone that the dragons have. It's super hard to explain. (If you want to know more: http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Eldunar%C3%AD )

I was actually really surprised I could hear him. In the book: only the elves and Eragon and Saphira could hear him out of EVERYONE in the camp! I guess I was the exception. The dragon declared that Eragon should be learning how to control his mind over his sword. That's when the argument began. The elves and Eragon argued that the sword needed to be learned first. And then Blodhgarm (head elf) insulted him!!! Which is not at all good when it comes to dragons. 

Pain filled everyone's head in the camp!! Except mine. I was fine. That was one of the perks of not existing in the time period, or in that dimension. Then Saphira calmed him with flattery, which is the ONLY weak point of a dragon. Eragon explained to the head sorceress of the camp, Trianna, that everything was fine. Then Glaedr started teaching Eragon how to fight with a sword. Yes, it sounds impossible considering Glaedr was stuck in a rock and was dragon, and as such never used a sword in his life. But it worked surprisingly well. 

You must see Arya for who she is, not the way you see her. Really see her. You must fight with clarity, you are too angry. Clear your mind. Think without thinking. Don't try to move fast. These were all things said by the dragon to help Eragon. He failed for the first third, totally creamed Arya in the second third, then in the last third they could move anymore let alone fight. They were like snails in an epic duel with no winner.

The whole time they were fighting like two old men with nothing except canes, I was having quite the conversation with Glaedr. It started when Arya was still beating Eragon by a landslide. It started with him blocking everyone else out of the conversation and saying (or transmitted through thought) I don't believe I know you.