XX

So the next day after the "Elva" and "Elves can ride bicycles" event, it was boring. And I mean REALLY boring. I woke up, to guards (not a surprise). They didn't let me go anywhere, or do anything, with anybody. I had to stay there, all morning. With nothing to do. Yes, I could have pulled something out of my backpack, but I could think of anything at the time. So I sat there. Eragon was in his tent doing something, so me being a curious person and liking exploring; went to go check it out. 

He had a stone tablet on his lap, and he was concentrating on it very hard. I looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing, and saw that a picture of the Meona Tree was slowly appearing on it. I realized he was making a "Fairth" (piece of stone that you channel your energy into and a memory to create a picture that will last forever until the stone it is on breaks). So I stayed completely silent because I didn't want to know I was there. When I finally got tired to that, I said, "You know, there's an easier way." That caused Eragon to jump because of the sudden and unexpected noise. I almost cried from laughing. 

When the laughing finally ended: Eragon asked, "What do you mean?" I replied, "There's a better way to do something like that." He wanted to be a smart-allic, and told me, "No there isn't. Painting takes too long, and any faster way takes too much energy." I took out my AWESOME camera from my backpack, turned it on, and told him, "Not if you do this." I then snapped a picture. Eragon looked at me weird. I smiled, turned the camera around, and showed him his face on my digital screen. "See, that's what the picture is going to look like!! Now I just have to get it printed and I'll have a picture of your face forever."

He looked at it again. "What is this?" "This is a camera. I just took a picture of you." "But it's inside the 'camera' box?" "Something like that." "It's so life like." "I know right!!! It's like I snapped a picture from real life!!!! Which I did........" The remainder of the conversation was my entertainment for the rest of the morning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 So, I wasn't let out of his sight the rest of the morning. But, as you read, I didn't have a problem with that as it was quite an entertaining conversation. Such a magical box a camera is. But the Varden wasn't done moving yet, so we had to pack up ASAP. I again did nothing because all of my backpack held all my stuff. It's quite handy to have a magical backpack because I can find anything in it. I you put that much stuff into one suitcase, you'd have to take everything out to get to something at the bottom. But with this awesome "Mary Poppins bag," I can just pull out stuff!!! Even outrageous stuff!!! Which means I don't have to take anything out at all. I can just take it out, and place it back in. So my stuff is always packed no matter what. 

The camp suddenly transformed into a bunch of people standing in a bunch of lines. I was honestly really sore and stiff, so I wasn't going with the elves. Despite being scared out of my whits, I agreed to ride with Eragon and Saphira after they ripped me from the pole I was hanging onto and promised to fly low at all times.  

I guess by "low," they meant above the clouds so that Mr. Evil-Creepy-Face couldn't sneek up on us. But that didn't make me feel better as we were higher that from the height I had almost died from. I'm pretty sure I squeezed Eragon so hard he couldn't breathe at one point. I finally calmed down after about 2 hours of riding, but I was constantely looking for even the slightest movement in the sky. A black crow passed us and I almost threw myself off of Saphira from fear. Stupid Ian!!!! He had made me so paranoid it wasn't even funny!!!

3 hours of flying, and we still weren't there yet. I can only imagine how the people on the ground were feeling. Of course, we were flying in circles while they were marching in a straight line. Despite Eragon assuring me that we were almost there, I felt like it was going to take FOREVER!!! I was tired fo flying at this point.