XIV

Enjoy, vote, and comment
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The last two weeks had been stressful for Amoura. She was constantly working and juggling school also. She cut off contact with Dre and strayed away from her friends. She still talked to them but kept her distance since she was at a point in her life where she didn't want any negative energy. Except with Emani since they were getting more close lately.

Her mom hadn't texted her since—which she was relieved about, but also still curious. Although, she hated her mom something in her still wanted to know what else her mom had to say. It always crossed her mind and she was tempted constantly to text her, but she knew it would only result in her snapping again. She couldn't hold her emotions in it was still so much she wanted to say. She felt like that was the closure she needed, because when she lived there she didn't express herself. At the time she was too scared to. Now she could be more vocal about how she felt.

Amoura made her way up the stairs to get to class. She was a little late since she slept a hour past her set alarm, which resulted in Ace also getting dropped off at daycare late. The halls were semi empty with few students lingering the halls and teachers occasionally a walking by. Hearing heels hitting the floor, keys jingling, of walkie talkies. Amoura was purposely taking her time, clearly dreading being in class and having to do work.

She was not too far from her class when she seen Keonte come around the corner. When he saw her his expression turned to disgust which made Amoura's small smile drop. Ever since the whole party she noticed he'd been more distant and not really trying to speak to her like before. She never got to really catch him by himself in the halls like usually, but now really sealed the deal for her after the look he gave that he has been avoiding her on purpose.

Is he in a relationship now? In the little seconds that went by she had questions. She felt maybe that's why he's been like that.

"Keonte what's the problem?" She said when they got closer

He looked up from his phone and made contact with her "Fuck you mean what's the problem?"

"Why you giving me that look? You been mad shady lately and I'm confused as to why..."

"Cause how you entertaining me and another nigga at the same time? You could've let a nigga know at least."

Amoura frowned, confused still "What?"

"So you gon' act like I wasn't at that party awhile back? I saw you with the nigga."

Amoura didn't know what to say because now she knew he was referring to Dre.

"You seen me talking to him? Since when does that mean I'm talking to him or dating him?"

"Nigga I witnessed with my own eyes you smiling ear to ear in that nigga face... not to mention ya bitch told me you left out with the nigga."

Amoura paused "Hold on. Who said I left with him?"

"Don't worry bout that you'll figure that out on your own. But you on some hoe shit. Talking to me and then fuckin that nigga. That's a slap in the face after I done took you out and got you some shit you know that right?"