Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! I've wanted to do a Your Lie in April story for a long time now, so I figured I should do a reader insert! I hope you enjoy! By the way I do not own Your Lie in April nor do I own the characters. And of course you own yourself.

Key:

(Y/N)= Your name

(H/T)= Hair type

(H/C)= Hair color

After the death of Kaori, Kousei was heartbroken. He didn't know what to do anymore, but at least he had his friends to comfort him. Kousei sat himself down at one of the desks in his classroom, and put in his headphones to listen to his music. Music was one of his escapes from the world, and he really enjoyed listening to it.

"KOUSEI!"

The poor black haired boy jumped out of his seat. He turned around to see Tsubaki and Watari standing in the doorway.

Tsubaki went up to Kousei and pulled the headphones out of his ears, "There's a new girl who transferred to our school, and I really want you to meet her!"

"Yeah! And Tsubaki said she is really cute too!" Watari stated enthusiastically.

Kousei sighed, "I don't want to meet anyone."

"But you have to meet her! She plays the piano, and she's really good too!" The brunette girl stated.

Kousei's blue eyes lit up when Kousei mentioned that the girl had played the piano.

Tsubaki grabbed Kousei's hand and ran off to meet the girl.

After roaming the halls, they finally approached the door of the music room.

"Are we going to go inside or-?" Kousei asked in annoyance.

"SHH!" Tsubaki said cutting him off. She pressed her ear to the door of the music room. And with a huge grin, Watari did the same. Kousei followed his friend's actions. At first he didn't hear anything, but then that changed.

He heard soft and elegant notes being hit on a piano. Kousei recognized the song immediately, it was the song Canon in D by Pachelbel (A/N: If you don't know the song search it up, it's so pretty!). He was truly amazed with what he was hearing, whoever was behind this door definitely knew how to play the piano extremely well.

He looked over at his friend Watari, who seemed to be growing impatient, "Let's go inside already!"

Watari gripped the handle and twisted it. The girl inside yelped and stopped playing because of the sudden opening of the door.

Kousei couldn't believe his eyes. The girl was extremely pretty. She was average in height and had beautiful (H/T) (H/C) hair and stunning (E/C) orbs.

Watari gasped, "Kawaii!" He immediately ran up to the girl.

"Hi! My name is Watari Ryota! I play soccer and I see you play the piano! You're really cute!"

The girl made a disgusted face at the boy, "I'm not interested." the girl spat out.

Watari was shocked, and made a sad face. Kousei was really surprised that the girl hadn't fallen for Watari right away. He is irresistible according to all the girls in the school. She wasn't like the other girls at all. Because of her comment she said to Watari, Kousei liked her right away. Perhaps this time he had a chance.

A/N: Let me know if I should continue this or not, I always enjoy feedback! Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed! I comment, follow, or vote is always appreciated (^▽^)