Chapter 4

A/N: Thanks everyone for such the amazing feedback! I'm so sorry I'm updating this so late! School has been distracting me, so I haven't really had the time write. Anyways I hope you enjoy! By the way I do not own Your Lie in April nor do I own the characters. And of course you own yourself!

Key:

(Y/N)= Your name

(H/T)= Hair type

(H/C)= Hair color

(E/C)= Eye color

~

(Y/N) had just finished her last class of the day, and started to make her way to her shoe locker to put away her indoor shoes. When she made it to her locker to open the door, she was interrupted by someone.

"(Y/N)!!!!" 

(Y/N) jumped and looked behind her to see Tsubaki looking as excited as ever.

"Tsubaki you really scared me, what's up?"

The brunette gave a sheet of paper to her, "I found a place that's hosting a piano duet competition, and I thought that you and Kousei should try it out!"

(Y/N) grinned, "That would be great, but I'm not sure if that's something Kousei would want to do." (Y/N) said looking down.

"Don't worry, I will force him into this!" Tsubaki said. (Y/N) laughed, it would be great opportunity to play with Kousei for the first time. 

"Okay, well I'll be going off to ask him." the brunette said.

"Oh, wait Tsubaki! Would you like me to come with you?" the (H/C) girl asked.

Tsubaki stopped, she remembered why Kousei stopped preforming. First because of his mother, and now Kaori. She knew she had to deal with this by herself.

(A/N: I am aware that in the end Kousei continues to play after Kaori's death, but in this story he hasn't gotten over it yet.)

"No it's okay (Y/N), why don't you go home and search for some piano duets that you two could possibly play?"

"Okay, see you tomorrow then Tsubaki!" the (H/C) said as she walked off.

After a couple minutes, Tsubaki finally found Kousei in the classroom, writing down piano notes on a paper. As soon as she saw him she called his name.

"Kousei!"

The young male looked over by the entrance of the classroom to see Tsubaki.

Tsubaki walked up to Kousei and put the flyer in front of his desk.

She sighed, "Look Kousei,I know you stopped playing but I feel like this would be a great opportunity for you. And (Y/N) has been wanting to play with you for a while now, so could you at least think about it?"

Kousei read the flyer over, feeling stressed.

"I'll think about it."

Tsubaki smiled, "I'm glad."

 He knew Tsubaki was right. Playing in this competition would be a great opportunity, and he did remember (Y/N) saying that she wanted to play a duet with him. But he wasn't sure if he could do it.

~

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! If you guys have any suggestions for piano duets you can comment them below :3.  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! A comment, follow, or vote is always appreciated (^▽^)