Chapter 9

The next Saturday, Lauren was glad she was getting out of the house. The past week was boring, Lauren not able to have anyone over as they had homework to do and tests to study for before Thanksgiving break. Lauren understood, but she was getting tired of being at home and doing nothing. Her family was starting to get on her nerves as they reminded her she was heading back to school, and she didn't even know why since that was true, she had to go back the following Monday.

Lauren packs up her bag hurriedly at almost 7:00, ready to leave and go to Camila's house. She sighs in relief when she texts her saying she could come now.

"Laur, stay safe, alright? If you need anything call me," Clara calls from the kitchen.

"I know. Bye mom," Lauren says, hurrying out the door and driving to Camila's. Dinah is already there, and Ally texts them saying she had picked up Normani and they were on their way.

They all gather in Camila's living room, her mom out at an old friend's party for the night and Sofi staying at a friend's house. They decide to do a movie first, Dinah making popcorn while they see which movie they should watch. After some arguments, they choose Mean Girls. Camila sits on Lauren's lap, feeding her popcorn and giggling. Ally is on the couch with them with an empty cushion in between, and Normani and Dinah are sitting together on the love seat. Lauren and Camila don't even pay attention to the movie, practically in their own little world. Ally falls asleep halfway through the movie, Dinah and Mani messing around quietly on their couch. Lauren whispers something in Camila's ear, making Camila bite her lip and giggle quietly before they start making out. When the movie is almost over, Normani is asleep with her head in Dinah's lap, and Ally is curled up in a blanket fast asleep as well.

"Get a room," Dinah groans, not being able to take it much longer. "I don't need to be seeing you two shove your tongues down each other's throat while Kadi wins a fucking spelling bee."

They pull apart enough to look at her. "You're just mad because Normani fell asleep already." Lauren says, smirking.

Dinah drops her jaw, surprised Lauren would say that with everyone right there. Camila furrows her eyebrows, looking at Lauren before turning to Dinah with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I saw how you two were messing around and how you look at each other. Don't worry, I don't mind," Lauren says softly.

"Dinah, do you like her?" Camila asks her best friend quietly, smiling.

Dinah looks down at Normani before back at Camila. "Honestly I don't know," she admits worriedly.

"Dinah, it's okay if you do," Camila says reassuringly. Dinah gives her a small smile.

"Thanks, Chanch."

"That'd be great! Normani won't be an old cat lady that's all alone, you two can be cat ladies together!" Lauren says, laughing a little too loudly before covering her mouth.

"I'm not gonna be a cat lady," Normani mumbles, stirring in Dinah's lap. They look at her worriedly, Dinah in horror, before realizing she was still asleep and must've just heard Lauren somehow. Dinah lets out the breath she was apparently holding.

"Can you shut up, you piece of crap?" Dinah scolds her quietly, only half joking.

"Hey, don't yell at my baby," Camila says defensively, lifting her arm up to pull Lauren's head next to hers. Dinah rolls her eyes.

"No but seriously, that would be great if you two do date. We could go on triple dates with you two and Ally with Troy, and you guys could get married and have children... and some cats," Camila says.

Lauren laughs quietly. "And we could annoy you twenty four seven by saying Norminah like you do with us," she adds.

Camila nods in agreement. Normani stirs in her lap, wrapping her arms around Dinah's waist and sighing contently. Dinah blushes when she sees Lauren and Camila smirking.

"Can we just... put another movie in?" Dinah asks them, desperately wanting the attention away from her and Mani.

"Sure, China," Camila says knowingly, getting up and popping in The Notebook. Camila had seen the movie more times than she could count on her hands, but she loved it. Despite her best efforts, Camila falls asleep in Lauren's lap about ten minutes in, leaving only Dinah and Lauren awake.

"Hey, Dinah?" Lauren catches her attention quietly. "You know we were just messing around, right?"

Dinah smiles softly. "I know."

"Really, I'm happy for you and it'd be nice for you two to be a thing. It's cute."

"Lauren, I know you were just joking around. I do it to you all the time, it's cool."

Lauren nods, giving her a supportive smile before turning her attention back to the movie, eventually falling asleep as well. Dinah looks around her at the girls in the room. Camila in Lauren's arms, Ally crinkling her nose as she pulls the blanket up to her chin, and Normani, mumbling something about Beyoncé before hugging her closer. She smiles at the friends around her, grateful she was so lucky to find each of them before drifting off to sleep as well.

--

So yeah, Norminah may start happening. I'm not 100% sure yet. Don't worry, it'll mainly be focusing on Camren whether Trolly and Norminah are in scenes or not. Okay I'm sorry this didn't show up... I clicked publish like five hours ago. My apologies! Don't hate me lmao, I love you all.

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme}