Chapter 38

On the last day of them being in Hawaii, Lauren and Camila came back into the hotel room laughing hysterically. A couple they had met their first day there had offered to show them around, and they wound up talking to them regularly. Tyler and Josh were very nice to them, and Tyler had told them a story about how the two of them were water skiing and he flew off.

This vacation had been just what Lauren and Camila had needed. They relaxed, had a good time, met some new people, of course tried some new food and, if possible, became even closer. They sit on the couch of their hotel room together, Camila's head on Lauren's lap as they just talked and enjoyed each other's company. Lauren feels her phone buzzing in her pocket, and she gets it out before answering.

"Hello?" she asks, not recognizing the number but seeing it was a Miami area code. "W-what?" she asks in shock, making Camila furrows her eyebrows in concern. "Yeah, w-we'll be there by tomorrow. Our flight's in the morning. Okay. Yeah, bye,"

"What's wrong?" Camila asks in concern, her stomach dropping as she saw tears welling up in her eyes. Lauren shakes her head as the tears really start falling, and Camila sits up.

"Jamie just died," Lauren says in both shock and sadness, her tears starting to faster. They both had become very fond of her and her daughter.

Camila's eyes widen. "Oh my god," she says, tears coming to her as well as she wrapped her arms around Lauren tightly.

---

a/n: Love you guys !

I know this is awful but it's significant to the story line. I promise I don't just go around killing people left and right. And I know I didn't include their vacation but trust me they learned to appreciate each other even more and are even more in love and Lauren got a million pictures bc she's like that as you all know. Have a good day/night, I hope I didn't ruin it for you but if I did go read some happier chapters lmao I'm terrible.

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}