Chapter 31

(1 month later)

Lauren woke up to the phone ringing, and she was informed that Jamie was released from the hospital that morning and she could come by with her nurse, who was practically attached to her hip, to come get Gabby.

After they had packed the car a few hours later, Lauren and Camila say goodbye to their roommate, sad to see her go but happy that Jamie was out of the hospital. She had a bandana on her head now, as her hair would be taking its sweet time to grow back. After she thanks them over and over again, they finally leave, and Lauren and Camila head back inside to their home, which they now only shared with Lana.

Lauren plops down on the couch and sighs, Camila collapsing beside her and lying her head on her shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss her," Camila says, sighing softly at how comfortable the couch was becoming.

"Yeah... Would I be terrible person if I said I was a little relieved?" Lauren asks honesty. Camila chuckles.

"Not at all. We can actually get some decent sleep," she replies, snuggling closer to her girlfriend.

"Speaking of which, I'm about to pass out," Lauren replies, laughing softly. Camila nods in agreement as she yawns, and the two of them take a nap on the couch for a few hours before Camila had to go to class. Lauren didn't have class again until the next morning, so she stays behind.

As soon as Camila leaves, Lauren calls Dinah, who answers the phone with a groan. "What do you want, kid?" she asks.

"You seem to forget I'm older than you quite often," Lauren replies, laughing lightly.

"Is there a reason you're interrupting my sleep or did you just call to annoy me with your logic?" she asks, and Lauren could tell she was rolling her eyes.

"Get up. I need you to help me think of a plan to propose to-"

"PROPOSE?! Oh my god, I'm on my way!" Dinah says excitedly.

After a few minutes Dinah comes bursting through the front door, not bothering to knock first as usual. She was still in her pajamas, her hair thrown into a messy bun and bags still under her eyes, as she had just woken up. Dinah always slept in until at least 11am, as she didn't have any morning classes. Now, at 8:45, she seemed wide alert now that she heard Lauren talk about proposing.

"Proposal?!" Dinah asks again in excitement.

"Yes, proposal. Y'know, when we get a ring and plan something romantic?" Lauren asks sarcastically.

"Right, uh, sorry. Okay, so we should think hard about something that'll blow Mila away," Dinah says, sitting down.

"Well it's fall, right? So why don't we go apple and pumpkin picking and we can do it that way," Lauren says, already picturing what to do. Camila has talked about how she loves fall and how she loves going to the orchard every year with Lauren and their friends since high school.

"That's actually kinda unique. And Mila's fucking obsessed with cold weather. I like it," Dinah replies.

"So we have a plan?" Lauren questions, smiling excitedly.

"We have a plan," Dinah replies, squealing.

-------

A/N: I'M SO EXCITED TO UPLOAD THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS ASGKRSVNFVJ YALL BETTER BE READY 4 THIS

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}