Chapter 22

"Wow, Mila. I'm surprised you let her hang out with Melanie so easily," Normani says after she and Dinah were over at her house. Camila stops writing equations for her homework and stares up at her in confusion. 

"Well yeah. I don't care that they've talked in the past," Camila says, shrugging as she wrote more of her homework. 

"Well Hot Mel better keep her hands to herself," Dinah jokes. She instantly regrets it when Normani's eyes widen, and she shakes her head frantically. 

Camila looks up at her in concern. "Hot Mel?" Camila repeats. Dinah doesn't say anything. "You think she'd do something?" She adds worriedly. 

Normani shakes her head right away. "No, Lo wouldn't do that," 

"I mean, just because they had a thing at camp a few years ago doesn't mean she'd... try something..." Dinah almost stops when she sees Camila's eyes widen in shock and Normani facepalms. 

"They WHAT?" Camila asks in shock. 

"They... um... jesus, Mani, have you told her ANYTHING?!" Dinah says defensively. 

"Why would you tell her that? Now she's gonna freak out over it!" Normani says back. 

"Why would you all keep this from me if there wasn't something to freak out over?" Camila asks her. 

"She just didn't think it'd matter... don't you trust her?" Normani asks. 

"Of course I trust Lauren. I just don't trust Hot Mel," Camila says defensively, crossing her arms. Normani sighs in defeat, running a hand through her hair.

---"So you never left, huh?" Melanie asks Lauren at the coffee shop downtown. 

"Nope. I've been here all along," 

"So what's changed in school? Besides Courtney's hair, of course," Melanie jokes. They both laugh. 

"Um, not much has changed. Some people left, some people came, lots of changes in bodies of course, since eighth grade," 

"Well I'd hope so," Melanie laughs lightly. 

Lauren smiles softly before looking outside and sighing. "It's getting pretty dark. I guess I should go," she says. 

Melanie nods, standing to walk her to the door. 

At the same time, Ally was driving by the local coffee house, listening to Justin Timberlake. She starts to drive by the windows as the talk, slowing down a bit in curiosity when she sees Lauren. 

"Um... This was fun. It was nice seeing you again," Lauren says, smiling. 

She hugs her gently, but before she could walk away Melanie kisses her softly. Lauren doesn't reciprocate, her body taking a moment to catch up to her mind before she pushes her away. 

"Um... I'm sorry, I don't know if I was sending mixed signals or something... I have a girlfriend," Lauren says awkwardly, taking a few steps back. 

"Oh. Oh god, I'm so sorry..." Melanie apologizes, her face turning red. 

Lauren shakes her head slightly, turning and rushing out the door to her car, feeling sick to her stomach that she had made it seem as if she wanted to cheat on Camila. 

Ally gasps from her car, having to keep driving as there were cars behind her but in a state of disbelief. "That did not just happen. That did not just happen..." Ally repeats out loud, trying to figure this out. 

-------

Dun dun dunnn. 

So yeah it was probably pretty obvious Melanie would be bad news but uh, yep... Have a good day babes, ily. 

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}