Chapter 25

Lauren had her arm linked with Camila's as they walked through the halls the next morning. 

"Oh thank god," Ally says in relief once she sees them together. 

"Ally had me worried our ship had sunk for good," Normani says, leaning against Dinah slightly. 

Camila smiles, leaning her head on Lauren's shoulder. "That'll never happen," She says honestly. Lauren smiles softly, craning her neck slightly to look down at her. 

"No it won't," she says, kissing her girlfriend's head.

"So where's is this Melanie girl?" Dinah asks seriously. 

Lauren looks over her shoulder, where she was watching them from her locker. "That's her," she says, and they all follow her gaze.

When Melanie sees them all looking at her she blushes, looking away before rushing off to class the opposite way.

"Dinah, don't do anything too drastic, okay?" Camila says pleadingly. 

"I'll try," Dinah says, smiling gently before taking off down the hall after the girl.

She catches up to her, blocking her path. Melanie has to look up at her, and she winces. 

"Please don't hurt me," she says shakily. 

Dinah laughs. "Hurt you? I'm not gonna hurt you. We're just gonna have a little talk in the bathroom," Dinah says, starting to drag her off.

"W-we are?"

"Yes, we are,"

Once they're in the bathroom, Dinah makes sure nobody else is around before focusing back on Melanie.

"So, Melanie. You decided it was a good idea to kiss Lauren," Dinah starts. Melanie's eyes widen and she hangs her head in shame.

"Yes," she says quietly. 

"Why would you do that? She already has a girlfriend, y'know," 

"I know that now... She should've told me," Melanie says defensively. 

"What? She shouldn't have to. You don't just go around kissing whoever you want. Over half the people around her are in a relationship," Dinah says angrily. 

"Well tell her that if she ever gets sick of that girl, to give me a call," Melanie says, starting to walk out.

Dinah grabs her arm, spinning her around forcefully. 

"'That girl' is my best friend. And no, she's never going to date you because Camren is going to get married and be happy together because they're perfect for each other. And even if for some reason they do break up, Lauren definitely won't be downgrading to you," Dinah snaps. Melanie yanks her arm free, rubbing it to ease the ache starting to form. 

"Whatever," she grumbles, walking out. Dinah scoffs, walking back out to join her friends.

"So how'd it go?" Ally asks sarcastically, noting Dinah's expressions.

"Ooh, girl. She's got issues," Dinah says, sighing heavily as her wraps her arm around Normani's shoulders.

"What'd she say?" Camila asks nervously.

"Nothing that needs to be re said. Just for the record, Laur, I know you two probably won't break up ever but if for some reason you do, don't go downgrading to her, okay?" Dinah says, locking eyes with the older girl. Lauren nods.

"Wasn't planning on it," she says, kissing Camila's temple.

-----

a/n: Woah where did that come from haha. Sorry I haven't updated, I'm just telling you what's going on. Okay so, this story's been going on for a while I guess you could say, and I don't have a lot of time to post anymore so, here's what I'm doing. The next chapters are just going to be glimpses of future scenes. Graduation, their lives, etc. Ily, have a good day.

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}