Tryna Win Her Back

Raze POV
My mate is beautiful. She's in my arms. I'm ecstatic. If only it weren't under these circumstances.
I'd rip off the blanket and mate her right now, except I've already broken her trust two times. I can't let it happen a third time.
Besides, her Gamma is trotting by my side, keeping a watchful glare on me.
I've no idea how she's not fainted, but all her bruises seem to have faded away without sleep.
"I won't touch her," I irritably snap at her. She raises an eyebrow- well, as much of an eyebrow that a wolf has.
Really? she seems to be saying. What do you think you're doing right now, dumbas*?
"I mean, not in that way," I add, tightening my grip on the girl I know as Alpha. "She's my mate, but I've promised to earn her trust before becoming her mate..."
This is confusing.
Gamma tops it off by giving a puzzled whine. Hm?
"Look, I don't know. When she wakes up, you tell her!"
Fine.
"Sh*t! Are you talking to me in my mind?" I ask, horrified. She looks equally terrified, and she bares her teeth. You stupid idiot! How dare you join our pack with-
"Hang on, I didn't do anything!" I yelp. "I have no idea what-"
Mate's wolf is talking to me, my wolf says. She is telling me that Alpha made your Mark permanent when your twin tried to Mark her.
I snarl furiously. He Marked her?!
He tried. She rejected him and made your Mark permanent, and that's the reason he's not well.
Not well or dead?
He should be dead but... Given that he's your twin, I guess the poison doesn't work as well.
The what?
Impatiently, my wolf tells me what happened in the room.
Oh. Sh*t. So who's in who's Pack?
That is... Not clear.
Great.
I cut off our connection and gaze at Alpha/Mate's face. She's breathing almost imperceptibly, I can barely tell if her chest is rising or not and-
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL WEREWOLVES!
"She's not breathing!" I howl. Gamma is at my side instantly. What's going on?
"I don't know! A moment ago, she was fine, and now, I don't know!" What did my twin do to her?
"Is she hurt?" Gamma asks, shifting back. I have no eyes for her, just my mate, as she lifts her out of my arms. "Be careful!"
"Sh," she murmurs. Raising her voice, she yells, "Doc!"
A woman rushes in, smiling. "Are you ba- oh."
"CPR, Luna!" she howls at me. Uncertainly, I kneel down beside my mate.
"Blow air into her! I can't do it myself," she growls urgently.
Wolf!
What?
How do I do this?
It's like kissing her, except your mouth is blowing air into her.
Uh- ok.
I press my mouth to my mate. This is not how I'd imagined our first kiss to be...
Pushing air into her lungs, I look up for a moment and see the doctor pressing something to my mate's chest.
A defibrillator.
"Sh*t!" I scramble back.
"Stand back."
"Now you say that."
"Okay, but seriously."
She turns it on, fiddles with the buttons, and presses it to Alpha Mate's chest.
Bam!
Her body jerks into the air.
Bam!
The doctor looks worried as she does jt once more, then presses her ear to Mate's chest. "Her heart's barely beat- oh, oh wait! Kiss her," she shouts at me. I stare at her disbelievingly. "Like in Sleeping B-"
"Just f*cking do it!"
"Yes ma'am."
I cradle Mate in my arms and kiss her. Long. Hard. Passionately.
And then she responds. Her heart starts to beat faster as she trails her arms down my back.
She opens her eyes weakly and helps when she sees me, pulling away and shifting into her wolf halfway to the ground. What the heck?
"Gee. I saved your life and this is my thanks?"
I kissed you! Ew!
"You didn't think it was disgusting when your eyes were closed," I say with a smirk. She glares at me and crouches down, growling deep in her throat.
Uh oh.
I turn and run, morphing into my wolf. Help me!
"Sorry, Luna!" the doctor calls after me. I snarl in her direction, only to see my Mate bounding after me.
Sh*t.
I slow down after tripping on a root, and she pounces, her claws digging into my broad shoulders as she sinks her teeth into my ear.
Yelping, I see her fall off with a shocked look on her face while scrabbling at her Mark.
She can't hurt me. Ha!
You said that too soon, idiot.
She stands up again and turns her back on me, kicking dirt into my face. Get out of my life!
I whine as she goes away. B-
Leave her, my wolf mutters. She just woke up to you kissing her without her consent. From her view, it probably looks like you broke her trust again.
And you, wolf. Don't blame it on me.
And me.
I blink at his agreement. In our mate, we are united. In everything else, well....
Thanks.
Just- well, we need to figure out a plan.
True... Charm her back?
How many times has that worked for you, as*hole?
Geez, suggestions man-
Wolf.
Wolf.
I think, we should apologize. And agree to integrate our Packs and rule equally.
I don't believe in that. My voice is flat.
That's the only way she will agree to be our mate.
Or. We could have a competition, I counter. Whoever wins will be the Alpha. Whoever loses will be the Luna.
No way she's going to compete.
Unless we play on her honors.
That's not a nice-
Do you want a mate or not?
... Fine.
So you're in?
My wolf hesitates for a few moments before answering, I'm in.
*****
*****
*****
OOOOOH!
They have a mean plan to get a Luna! Uh oh!
If you liked this chapter please vote and comment on mistakes!
Love y'all 💖