The Mission: part two 1/2

-8:3your pov3:8-

   " ha! " I pumped my fist in the air. I had finally beat Soul at a arcade game, well, for today anyways. I had beaten him several times before. Soul looked over at me " so, you pick the next game". I grinned, taking his hand and dragging him to the oldest game I could find. Pacman of course, I loved that one.

He smirked, his hand drifting over the controls. We had a rule where if I got to pick the game Soul would play first, other way around as well. I watched him play, giggling a few times. It was quite entertaining. He won the game after three tries and then it was my turn.

I pretty much owned that game, winning the first time. Soul just smiled. " want to go see how Maka is doing?" I suggested, hoping she had something done so we could go down to the pool.

I raced Soul up the steps and into the hotel room. I won of course, though I have a feeling he let me win. Maka wasn't there. She left a note on her bed. I picked it up and began to read it outloud.

" Dear Soul and (y/n), I apologize for not being able to tell you in person. I have gone to chat with a few survivors of the keishin attacks, hopefully they will give me some info. I will be back in a few hours, sometime before dinner. Have fun, do whatever you want...if you know what I mean" I blushed but continued on " I left (y/n) a swimsuit on her bed in case you want to go swimming. Again, I will be back in a few hours, enjoy this time without me
Sincerely, Maka~"

Soul and I just stared at the note for a few seconds, I was still blushing. I couldn't believe Maka would even try to suggest something like that. " well then...pool? " Soul shrugged, agreeing. He went to go change in the bathroom and I changed out here.

As promised there was a swimsuit lying on my bed. It was actually quite nice, not too revealing thankfully. It was black with a (f/c) flower print going down one side. Kid would die if he saw it. I laughed at that.

I quickly changed into the swimsuit and sat down on the bed, grabbing a towel from Maka's bag. i could give it back later. Soul walked out of the bathroom and tapped me on the shoulder. " Ready? " i looked up at him. " yeah, lets go. ". i smiled and let him lead me down to the pool.

it looked like fun. we set our towels down and walked to the edge of the pool. i leaned forward slightly to looked into the crystal clear water. i felt a hand on the middle of my back. " ah! " i fell forward into the water. Soul laughed and jumped in after me. my head broke the surface " hey! what was that for?! "

Soul just grinned " sorry, it was so tempting~" i splashed water towards him and stuck my tongue out " ill get you back for that " he laughed " im sure you will...if you can catch me! " he dived underwater and swam away from me. i smiled evilly and swam after him.

after a while i managed to catch up and splash him in the face. this started an all out water wars.
--
I wiped water drops off my face and pulled myself out of the pool. We called a truce just a minute ago, tired of the water fight. I took my towel and wrapped it around myself, I could dry off later. Soul and I then walked back through the colorful halls to our room.

Maka wasn't back of course ,she wouldn't be for another few hours or so. I patted myself with towel and started to dry off. I paused when Soul's arms drifted around my shoulders from behind and pulled me into a loving embrace. I hummed sweetly for a millisecond and leaned back into his bare chest.

I felt his breath on my neck, it made me shiver. I tried to ignore the tingling feeling in my legs and put my hands over his, whispering to him " I had fun earlier...one we go back home we should go back to the arcade, do it again ". " I agree " he mumbled, brushing his lips against my neck ever so lightly.

I blushed. Soul just chuckled, letting me go from the embrace and spinning me to face him. " I love you " he set his hands on my shoulders. " nothing will ever change that..."