Listen to Me

)/--:your pov:--/(

Sitting up in the tree for a while was calming. it gave me a chance to empty my mind and rest easy. It was wonderful. Sadly I soon had to return. We all were heading out for lunch, one of my classmates came to get me. "thanks " I smiled at her and we walked back to the lunchroom together in silence, she didn't talk much.

When I entered the lunchroom I felt eyes following me. Scoffing, I went to sit with Soul and Maka. " hey (y/n) " Soul gave me an odd grin as soon as I sat myself down across from them. " I heard you sent a kid to the infirmary." .
I nodded " yep... "

Black*star and Tsubaki sat down with us and set their lunches down. Black*star eyed me curiously. " Looks like Kid had to go meet his father again. " Maka shrugged and started eating. I glanced down at my food and sighed softly.

While we ate Liz and Patty came to join us. I waved happily to them. Liz sat next to Tsubaki and Patty sat next to me. " hey Patty, where's Kid? " Maka looked up from her food. " he's talking with his daddy " she replied cheerfully and started drawing giraffes on the table.

Finishing my food I frowned and just stared at my hands. I hadn't noticed Patty started drawing giraffes on my arm with markers. I set my other hand on the bandage wrapped around my head, I could remove it tonight. everyone started to laugh, at me. I give them a confused look. Soul pointed to my arm, trying not to laugh.

I looked at my arm. Patty had decorated it with giraffes. almost the whole outside of my arm was covered with them. I giggled " thanks Patty.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw that boy I knocked out earlier. I quickly excused myself and ran up to him as he was walking to a table. " hey...im sorry for hitting you in the hea-" I tried to apologize but was cut off by him yelling " witch!! " And pointing at me.

Everyone's attention was turned to me and the boy, I heard whispers and giggles from the people around us. A soft green glow appeared in my eyes and the crowd froze. The boy was about to run but I got to it first, running through the lunch room and dodging the various things thrown at me. A knife grazed my arm. Lucky shot.

I shot through the halls, tears threatened to spill down my face. I couldn't believe they did that. pushing past the doors of the academy I finally could breath, but I kept going.

I was running top speed towards the steps. my foot caught on the other in an attempt to stop and I sailed through the air, tumbling down the steps. I finally hit the ground, groaning. I couldn't let anyone see me.

I pulled my bruised body off to the side and hid. Clouds started to gather, threatening rain. Whimpering softly I pulled my knees to my chest and blacked out.

:-/))Soul's Pov((\-:

I ran after her. I refused to believe she was a witch. But when I got outside she was gone and dark clouds stated to form in the sky.

My mind started thinking of the worst possible things that could've happened to her. "stop" I growled and sat down on the top step. ' on her first day here too....'

Maka and the others soon joined me and we set out to look, even Kid came. We looked everywhere, but couldn't find her. Maka tried looking for her soul, that didn't work either. We all returned to class, worried as heck. Kid had suggested we look later, we all agreed since Stein would be mad if we didn't show up.

I couldn't focus, (y/n) wouldn't leave the city because of that...would she?

)( le kawaii potato timeskip of awesomeness)(

I almost ran out of class, but forced myself to walk. Once we got outside Maka and I rushed to the basketball court to meet up with Black*star and Tsubaki, Kid would be the last to come since he went to tell his father about (y/n)s disappearance.

Suddenly Maka stopped me. " what is it?" I turned to her confused. " (y/n)...you like her don't you..." . I hesitantly nodded. " we will find her " she said looking up at me with a determined look on her face . " Thanks Maka " I grinned and we ran all the way to the basketball court.

We found Black*star and Tsubaki waiting for us. Kid came about 5 minutes later carrying Liz and Patty in their weapon form. while they all talked I looked up at the dark sky. it would rain soon, odd for a desert but that's ok.

We all left to go look, the sky got darker. Maka glanced at the sky worried " i hope we can find her before it starts to rain...we can't have anyone getting sick or anything. " I nodded " I hope so too "

--
We searched for what seemed forever, even wandering out into the small forest and the desert. nothing. no sign of her anywhere.

Small droplets of water fell from the sky and I felt my chest tighten. ' what if we never find her. what if she died. could she have killed herse- cut it out !! You need to focus on looking for her...Black*star and Tsubaki went home...Kid and his weapon partners just left, its only me and Maka now.'

Maka turned to me " we should go home too... " . " I can't Maka! I won't stop looking for her... " I brushed water drops off my face and noticed the rain was getting worse.

She sighed " ok Soul, I will head back and make some dinner. don't stay out too long. ". I nodded " ok then. " Maka ran off to our apartment and I ran back to the school. I plopped myself down on the bottom step and sighed.

There was a small movement out of the corner of my eye. I blinked and watched that spot closely. A cute familiar face poked out from behind the short wall. " h-hey Soul... " She gave me a sheepish grin.

"(Y/n)! " I stood and helped her to her feet. she was soaking wet and the rain was already coming down harder. I threw my arms around her " are you ok..." I whispered in her ear as she shivered, her arms wrapped around my rib cage. " I am now... ". " Listen, they have no right to treat you the way they did. and I don't care if you really are a witch...you are still very important to me." I sighed, letting my clothes be completely soaked by the rain. " thanks Soul...y-you don't mind that I'm a w-witch? " she stuttered, a small smile coming across her face.

" I don't mind...now lets go bring you back home... " I picked her up bridal style and let her rest her head against my warm body, that last thing I would want is for her to catch a cold. She was silent the whole walk back. I didn't mind though, she looked so sweet. I reached our apartment, both of us dripping wet. (y/n) yawned softly and jumped out of my arms so we could get in.

The warm air felt nice. we both stood there for a moment, enjoying it. Maka rushed to greet us " Soul! (Y/n)! Your back, and soaking wet. go get changed. " she laughed, relieved that we were back. " when you're done I made some pasta for dinner, so go ahead and have some.

" Thanks Maka. " (y/n) smiled and we both went to get changed. as I opened the door to my bedroom I heard her humming happily while walking down the hall.
' I love her...but does she feel the same way?'