Friday night

:(your pov):

Maka and I wandered the busy streets of the city. we were out shopping again. It's was our little Friday night tradition. After shopping I would help her make dinner then it was romance and comedy movies in her room until midnight.

I carried a bag of food and snacks for the night and listened to Maka talk excitedly about a cool movie she got from the library. it sounded pretty cool. Suddenly she dragged me into a clothing store.

" What are we doing here? ". " We are finding some new pajamas for tonight. " she giggled and dragged me to a corner of the store. There in front of me were the most colorful and fuzzy pajamas I had ever seen.

I laughed in awe " ta-da " Maka giggled " go ahead and pick one out. ". I squealed and almost attacked them. Pulling a giraffe covered one I smiled " Patty would love this~" Maka nodded " totally"

We took turns holding up different pajamas up to ourselves and making weird faces. Finally we picked some. I got light pink ones with blue tiger stripes and Maka got a blue one with a mustache design. we paid for it and headed home, laughing pretty much the whole way there.

Soul nearly jumped to the ceiling when we both rushed through the door holding our shopping bags laughing so hard we had to hold our sides. " uhh...you guys ok? Not possessed or anything?" Soul gave us an odd look. we shook our heads and collapsed on the couch, after setting the bags down in the kitchen of course.

We panted slightly, trying to catch our breath. Blair padded her way into the room, took one glance at us and inched her way back out. we high fived each other and sat up " sorry Soul, umm...pajamas and duck faces. " I tried explaining. He raised an eyebrow " if you say so. "

We started on dinner. it was pasta with breadsticks ( jello for desert). Soul retreated to his room, knowing how we can be on our Friday nights. We carefully set the table and called Soul back out for dinner.

Dinner was fun. Maka and I told Soul pretty much everything we did that day. I couldn't help but notice him stare at me eating. it was odd but kinda cute. I grinned at him and he blushed, turning his attention to Maka's story.

After dinner and cleaning Maka and I retreated to her room with bowls of popcorn. we changed into our pajamas and flopped onto her bed, turning the TV on. We popped in a movie and started to watch it. the popcorn was great and the movie was wonderful. I felt so lucky to have been taken in by these two. I don't know what I would've done without them.

The movies were all finished and we said goodnight, retreating to our rooms for sleep. I collapsed onto my fluffy blankets and fell asleep right away. I was that tired.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-:-:-/-/-/-/-

I woke up at 9. stretching myself gently as I sat up. I noticed a new rose on my door and smiled. this was nice. the roses always brightened my day.

I took my pajamas off and changed into shorts and a tank top, being normal today. I brushed my hair out and headed out for breakfeast. Maka slept in, normal for a Saturday, so I made myself toast with butter and had that to eat before climbing out to the roof to watch people hurry through the streets.

To my surprise someone else was there. " Soul? " . He turned to look at me. " morning (y/n). " he waved slightly. I sat down next to him and hugged my knees to my chest. " nice out isn't it... " I commented, feeling a nice warm breeze flow through my hair.

" Yeah, it is ...I got a call from Liz, she wants us to go to the mall today after lunch. " he blinked slowly and watched a assumingly drunk man run through the street. "cool..." I muttered, laying my head on his shoulder.

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me. I blushed softly but smiled. Our cute little moment was ruined by a scream. it was close by. We shot to our feet and rushed off. I knew full well Maka would be upset at us but this was important if there was a kishin involved.

We ran down the streets, soon coming to a tall slender being who held a woman in its hands, it hissed at us. " careful Soul " I muttered before turning my arm into long blade and charging at it.

It whipped a long stick at me and I quickly sliced it in two, jumping off its hand and onto its shoulder. Soul sliced its legs and I went for its head. The woman got away safely, the thing being distracted . it howled in pain but was quickly silenced by my blade . a red kishin soul hung in front of us. I pushed it to Soul. he shrugged and eat it.

I turned my arm back. " well that was pretty fun " I smiled and we walked back to the apartment...