Maka's postcard

-/("!your pov!")\-

A little too tired I think~ it was noon when we both woke up. I looked over at Soul, my head aching slightly. " why did we sleep that long...". he shrugged, sitting up.

I sighed and threw the covers off. I stretched gently and turned around, looking at Soul with a smirk. " what's that look for..." his eyes widened. " nothing" I giggled, looking over at the vase, a new rose sat there looking beautiful as ever. the marker Soul gave me sat next to it.

I smiled and dragged him out of bed. He smiled at me, he wasn't quite awake yet so I stood on my toes to kiss him gently. Soul stared at me in slight confusion.

" Do you remember where we are going today? " I asked while leading him back to the kitchen to get some food. " Uhh....nope". I pouted and poked him. " wait...the movies? " He stepped away slightly, worried he got it wrong.

I clapped. " and he is alive! " A silly grin crossed my face. he chuckled and took a piece of toast, spread butter on it, then began to eat.

" So, what movie? " I leaned on the table, looking over at him. " you will see..." he gave me his cute shark like grin. " aww, okay. " I giggled and found a bagel to eat for breakfast/lunch.

Soon after finishing we found Maka sitting teary eyed on her bed. She held a postcard in her hands. from the look of it from Ireland.

" Maka..." I whispered, slowly sitting next to her. she looked to me, the biggest smile on her face. she was happy...and crying? " What happened? " I looked wide eyed at the postcard.

" It's my mom...she invited me to come live with her for a few months in Ireland. I get to leave the week after the mission ". I gasped and hugged her " that's great!"

" Anyways, have fun on that date, I will be here packing if you need me. " I nodded at her and happily ran out to Soul. " okay, we have a few hours to burn. " I started, then switched to a whisper "how about we make her a cake."

He nodded " we should have everything. " I giggled in excitement then closed Maka's door. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the bowls. Soul took out the ingredients while I found the recipe. " it says 375 degrees " I read outloud to Soul, who was getting the oven ready.

" Okay... what now.". " we make the cake." I set the book down, grinning. " well I know that " he chuckled and started measuring out ingredients.

We poured the batter into the pan and set it into the oven, turning the timer to 35 minutes.

We sat down and after 5 minutes of silence I was bored. My hand hovered over the flour. an evil grin crossed my face as I pinched some between my fingers and flung it at Soul.

He froze as the flour exploded on his cheek. he started to smile then looked at me with a raised eyebrow. " you...are...on..." he grabbed a bit of flour then threw it at me. it landed on my pajama shirt ( yes we were still in pajamas).

I gasped softly, smiling playfully at him before grabbing a flour bag and taking a handful out and tossing it at my boyfriend. it started a full scale war. there was flour everywhere. I ended up getting a bunch down my shirt and in my hair. Same with Soul.

The timer went off, making Soul and I freeze. he took it out while I shook flour out of my hair and found the frosting.

In a few minutes, with the help of a few fans and flour bits in the air, the cake was cooled enough to frost. that was done pretty quick. I drew cat whiskers on Soul with the purple icing.

When that was done we made an attempt to clean up. it took us a good hour. Finally everything was done...except Soul and I were covered in flour and cat whiskers made of icing.

Maka walked into the kitchen. we stood silent waited for her to notice. when she did her eyes went. " what the heck happened?!" We glanced at each other and slowly moved away to show her the cake we made for her.

She smiled " aww...for me? " We nodded " yup " I grinned. " thank you! Now go get cleaned up!". We hurried to our rooms to clean all this flour off.