3

– Are you ok?

Barbra had basically run into the house after Daniel. Now she was touching his shoulder with a sincere and concerned look in her eyes. He turned around to see who it was – he was already a little drunk – and smiled at her, being sympathetic.

They were at the hall, and now Daniel was leaning against the wall confusing about his cousin reaction.

– Why wouldn't I be? Have you seen this house? This party? My wife? I'm feeling pretty much awesome right now.

He was making fun of her. He had the same ironic way to talk as Anna, but somehow Barbra could only consider acceptable when it was Daniel. Maybe that's why he and Anna didn't get along so well, they were too much alike. She thought it was funny.

– Sure... Everything is great... It's just that my mom had said...

Seeing the bored expression in his face she was dominated by a strange – and completely new – sensation. She wanted to be noticed, even if wasn't in a good way. She doubted that her sister would make someone boring; at least she always seemed to have fun... So it was a bit shocking and unexpected when for a moment Barbra presented a new attitude.

– Never mind. Anyway... – she still had her hands in his arms – we could be doing something way more fun, don't you think? Let's dance!

The girl was feeling a bit silly by acting like that. She wasn't sure if her face was transmitting the mysterious/challenge energy or if she just looked constipated. Either way, Daniel seemed to think it was fun. Eventually someone appeared in the hall, but they – better, Barbra – were dancing without care about what people would think if they stopped to stare at them. It was somehow satisfying for her.

– Have you been drinking?

– What!? – the girl answered loudly – No... Why?

He was intrigued.

– I don't know... You never act like this...

– What do you mean?

She asked provocative

– Huh... I... forget it.

– Act as if I am fun? That's what you thought, right?

He smiled uncomfortable.

– Nah... You're adorable the way you are.

She was blushing. Daniel had this charming quality about him; it was just weird how he could look at someone and convinces people of what he wanted them to think. Or at least inexperienced women with low confidence around handsome men.

– Do you really think?

They had stopped dancing. She was moving her hands down his arms, and if he wasn't slowly because of the alcohol, he would've knew faster what she was intending to do. Hesitating for a moment, Daniel held Barbra's hands. She assumed he was corresponding her actions and smiled with a Machiavellian way.

They were there for almost 20 minutes. Outside everything was working out well. Anna entered the house looking for a bathroom, and stopped when saw her sister and Dan. She was curious about it, and a little ashamed of how Barbra was throwing herself over Dan. It was his wedding. She was at his house. With his wife less than 5 minutes away. She rolled her eyes with disdain.

– Yeah... Sure... You're...

She would never know what, because at that moment she kissed him. He was outraged. Anna smothered a scream that was about to leave her throat. She couldn't believe her eyes.

Neither could Dan. His eyes were pretty opened staring that awkward scene, in contrast with his mouth – firmly closed, resisting to Barbra's invasion.

She finally let go off him, looking confused and embarrassed. That unexpected kiss had cut off the alcohol effect, and really politely and gently – just because it was her, a 19 years old girl – he said:

– Well, this was... I understand. It's ok. But I'm too old anyway and married. By the way you look good in this dress.

That was the best he could do at the moment. Seeing her humiliation, he added:

– Don't worry, everything will be the same. Let's forget about today.

He kissed her forehead and leave. Anna looked at him without any trace of judgment or interest. He ignored her as well, going back to the party.

Barbra's face was a livid red. She had tears all over her face.

– I told you... You're not his type.

She was looking condescending at her sister.

– Don't worry Boring B, there's plenty other guys out here...

Barbra didn't say a word; she was struggling to keep her face straight. Anna was surprise. Every time she called her little sister her childhood nickname it was a fight.

– Smile would help, you know? You can't expect that someone want to be around an angry face.

Tired of trying cheer Barbra's mood, the girl gave up and left.

When Barbra was alone, she allowed herself to liberate the rage in her eyes. To know Anna had seeing this, to know Daniel had rejected her as if she was a child, not a woman. To see how Anna seemed to enjoy every second. Her eyes were red and her face wasn't friendly.

She was sick with all the years of her sister being a bitch but still getting pretty much everything she wanted. She was sick to kill herself doing her best to not being remembered or recognized. She was sick with all the free humiliation. It was time to her to pay on the same currency.

_____________________________

So... Hope you are enjoying the story... Any suggestions, opinions or constructive criticism are welcome. Let me know it ;) Next chapter must be out by wednesday.

And also let me know if I've write anything wrong. Thanks.