56

56.

Anna is standing on a corner, keeping in mind how to breathe. She's tired, scared and alone, but somehow she felt like a huge part of her life was finally over. Yes, it was awful, but even worse would've been know it nothing. She felt sorry for Barbra though, after all, they were still sisters.

Evan was watching Anna from distance, and he couldn't think of how much pain she must've been at that moment. He still hadn't passed the anger stage, but she obviously had it.

So, a little insecure, he gave a few steps in her direction, and once she saw him and make no objections, he walked all the way. They stare at each other for a second, and he kissed her forehead, putting his arms around her shoulders, while she grabbed his waist, with her face touching his chest, making possible for him to feel when her tears started to appear, leaving his shirt wet. His head was down, resting on Anna's blond hair. He cried as well.

***

- Barbra, please, don't make this harder.

Ryan had said. She had her head down, and she finally look into his suffering brown eyes, with no trace of emotion.

- My life is over, Ryan. It's all over for me. You know, I could forget every humiliation, every thing Anna took away from me, but today it was too much. She took myself from me. It doesn't matter how hard I try this time, there's no place for me.

He knew she was right. As soon as the news were spread, Barbra would fall in disgrace. Ryan highly doubt she could ever work with children again, even as a volunteer. Nobody would hire her when her name was associate with such a scandalous. Still, how could she blame Anna, when it was all by her choice?

- You'll find something.

- Don't pretend you believe this. You want the divorce, I guess it makes sense. Bring me the papers once they're ready.

- Ok...

He said suspicious.

- What you're going to do now?

He took a while to respond.

- I'll sell the company. I don't know, this year... All my life in fact... I'll just travel around the world for a long while... And once I'm back I'll figure it.

- Sounds a good plan.

- Barbra, this is hard to me. I look at you and all I see is that little innocent girl that I've met when you was 15. I can't support the things you've done, nor our relationship, but it doesn't mean I wish your bad. Once we divorce, I'll make sure my lawyers will get you a great accord. You won't have needs. I'll make sure it's enough to your treatment, and to help you to live while you search for a job.

- You're being kind. I don't really think I'll get a job anytime soon, but let's see what life holds.

- Goodbye Barbra.

- We're still seeing each other to sign the papers.

- Yes, but that's it. I hope you find a way, I'm sorry.

He look at her one last time before walk away. He tried his best to end this decently, because even so he wasn't a psycho, he had his share of fault.

- But I don't.

***

- Anna please, think of Harold! Please!

Jenna asked. It was a weird view to be seen. Jenna, Anna, Barbra, Daniel, Evan, Ryan, Haley and Caleb (Dylan was still babysitting Isabella) were on a circle, where Barbra's future was being decided.