44

(Barbara's POV)

- You don't need to be jealous of them. Trust me, I would know.
Evan says to me. Argh, he's such an innocent person. It's been two weeks since Anna's birthday, but only now we had the time to spend some time together.

- Yeah... sure.

I smile.

- Come on! Do you think that I don't find this weird enough? I mean, the guy is my friend, my girlfriend's ex, her first love, and boyfriend of her sister. It's pretty messy, but it works.
Well, when he talks like that he has a point.

- I guess. It's just, I don't know. It bothers me.

- Well, there are lots of things that bother me as well. But you know what we should do? Get used to it, like the adaptable human beings that we were made to be.

I smile to him, a real smile this time. It was nice to know that Evan was still here for me, even though Anna was his priority now.

- And how are things with Anna?

- Well, pretty recent, isn't it? It's hard to spend so much time with her, because we have different opinions about lots of things, and she seems to think that she's always right on her points, but when I use the same situation with me, she never agrees.

He says a little resigned.

- You don't need to tell me that, I'm already living this.

I say a little sarcastic. He rolls his eyes.

- Argh! What should I do with you both?

He says, pretending being mad while he mess my hair and pulls me into a hug, kissing my forehead.

- Just got use to it. Like the adaptable human being that you were made to be.

I say, mocking him, with a superior look in my eyes, and he gives me a disbelief look, but then he laughs.

***

I'm on my way to the driving school, and today is the final test. If I fail, I won't be able to get my driving license.

- Good afternoon.

- Are you ready?

I am. I take a deep breath and I get in the car with the instructor. On my way he keeps trying to intimidate me, or make me loose the focus, but that won't happen.

I allow myself a little smile to play on the corner of my lips, because I finish my rote and I know I've done everything right.

- Well... - He says serious, and for a moment I doubt - Congratulations.

I give him the biggest smile. I'm finally able to drive. What a great day! Finally things are getting ok.
My job is great, I've learned so much with those experienced architects, even that arrogant guy that is there only a week longer than me. I'm growing as an efficient professional and I couldn't be happier about it. I want to be the greatest, to have my name alongside with the bests.
Now I only have two years of college ahead me, and to make this even more perfect, it would only takes Ryan to propose to me. Oh, I can't let go the image of that dress that I saw the other day. I will be a perfect wife, I can feel it.

I know some people think it's stupid to have all your life planed, but I think it's important to know where you want to go and what you are willing to do to get there.

And I have this very clear in my head.

***
(Evan's POV)

"Hello, is that Evan Harris?"

"Yes, who's speaking?"

"Oh, hello Evan. My name is Taylor Rogers, and I am a music manager representing the IMS Records. I must say, it's being a while that I want to talk to you."

Oh my God. What are the chances of this bring a prank? I mean... Since that concert that Anna had set up for us we had play some other places... Dylan had even made us a YouTube channel to post videos of our performances... And the internet it's quite a place to call people's attention.

"Wow. Sure, sir. What do you want to talk about?"

"Someone from our label had sent me a video of your band, and so I've send my assistant to watch the concert that you made last weekend, and I must say she was impressed."

"Really? Awesome..."

"Yes. So, she had got your number and I'm calling you because I'm assuming you're the leader or something."

"Well, we take the decisions together to say the truth"

"Ok, you work as a team, that's a good thing. Anyway, I'm interested to have a reunion with you and the band. I think that would be interesting for both sides"

We finished that call with a meeting scheduled, and I text the guys as fast as I can to give the news.
They were excited.

"Dude! We're gonna be rockstars! Mark my words!"

Caleb was screaming trough the phone. He was about to die of happiness. From all of us, he had always been the one who wanted this the most. He used to talk as if it was his destination. If everything works out well, apparently he would be right.

It has been such a rush week that I've barely saw Anna, but I can't wait to see her and tell her about it. I mean, there's nothing right yet, but is something to be excited about, right?

I texted her and we'll be meeting later tonight. Things were bound to be unforgettable.

____

Sunday's next. It will vê the last chapter of this phase. Please, check it out my new book, Veronica, and add to your library ;)

Forgive me for any typos