Chapter 33

KENDRA'S POV

Why.Why now. Everything is going extremely well and HE comes out of nowhere?!

I can't even speak. I feel like I'm choking. My eyes start burning. I can feel tears streaming down my face.

"M-m-m-matty H-h-h-obbes?"

"Yeah that's the name. Who is that babe?"

"Matty Hobbes is my ex-boyfriend."

"Why is he sending you letters?" Niall asks confused.

"I......I dunno. I haven't talked to him since I caught him cheating Niall." I say as I wipe the tears off my cheek.

My mind is racing. The memories of that night flooding my mind.

"I have to go Niall. I'll umm...I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I quickly grab my things and head out the door.

"Babe! Babe?!" I hear Niall yelling as I run down the street.

I turn the corner and slow down a bit. Keeping a steady pace I keep running until I reach my front porch. As I open my front door I drop on my knees. My heart is pounding so fast I feel like it's gonna rip through my chest and fall out.

I sob on the floor for a good hour or two. No more tears come out anymore so I stand up. When I do I see the letter.

Exactly how Niall described it
It was addressed;

'Kendra Kimball'

And on the top left corner;

'Matty Hobbes'

I reach for the letter and tear it to shreds. How dare that asshole write to me. I don't even want to know what bullshit lies he wrote.

I go to my bathroom and fix myself up. I looked hideous, eyes puffy, red nose, and dry chapped lips.

All this crying got me hungry so I fixed myself up a sandwich and poured myself some soda.

I sat at my usual window spot and grabbed my journal from the crevice I made for it. I opened it up to a blank page and started pouring my mind onto that page.

Life? Why are you so unfair and unpredictable? My life was going great! Why did you have to put that piece of scum back into my life?! Everything was going great with Niall and Matty has to pull this bullshit and ruin a perfect morning. I just hope Niall understands that I have nothing to do with that letter and that I didn't read it at all. I ripped it to shreds and burned it. I feel like Niall and I are going places. Please don't ruin this for me.

I closed my journal and finished my sandwich while I stared out my window. It's been a while since I've observed the outdoors.

The birds were singing. The sun was out. It felt like a perfect day for a walk. I got up and grabbed my phone, my headphones, and put on some running shoes and stepped outside.

The hot rays of sun hit my face and I sighed. At that moment I realized that ever since I've been dating Niall, I haven't gotten one moment to myself. And to be honest, it felt great. I love him and all but a girl needs alone time and some time is what I'm gonna get.

NIALL'S POV

She left. She just split when I mentioned her ex. Did he hurt her that bad? Or is she rekindling things with him? I swear if she's cheating on me she's going to wish she was never born.

But no, I can't do that to her anymore. I love her too much. So much that I decided to look for her.
I drove to her house and knocked on the door. No answer.
I lifted the mat and used her spare to get in. I called out her name and still no answer.

I saw a plate of food on her window seat. She must have been writing? But of what?

Maybe this will answer some questions.

I opened into the latest entry;

Life? Why are you so unfair and unpredictable? My life was going great! Why did you have to put that piece of scum back into my life?! Everything was going great with Niall and Matty has to pull this bullshit and ruin a perfect morning. I just hope Niall understands that I have nothing to do with that letter and that I didn't read it at all. I ripped it to shreds and burned it. I feel like Niall and I are going places. Please don't ruin this for me.

So she didn't read it then? Thank god. For a second I thought they were sending love letters to each other.

I looked around some more and saw that her running shoes, which are usually in the corner of her room, were gone.

Probably went for a walk to clear her mind.

If only Kendra knew how much I really love her and care for her. I'd catch a grenade for her. Yes I just said that.

After a few seconds of sitting on her bed, I got up and left. If she went for a walk then that means she wants alone time. Best be going before she gets here.

I head home and give Louis a call and invite him over so we can talk.

An Hour Later....

"So she just left?"

"She practically bolted out of here Louis. I don't know what's wrong but I'm worried."

"Do you know why she'd leave?" He asked confused.

"Look. I found a letter in her house addressed to her from a guy named Matty Hobbes."

"Sounds like a tool."

"Listen Louis! It's her ex-boyfriend! Why would he be sending her letters?!"

"Oooooh" Louis said finally realizing what I said.

"Don't think about it too much bro. Unless she actually read the letter then you'd have to be worried."

Thank god she didn't. I feel so relieved but yet so skeptical. I can't shake this feeling.

"Yeah you're right." I say as I turn on my tv.

"Let's just chill out. Get my mind off of things"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So? Whatcha think??
Kinda boring I know but there will be twist later on!!

Thanks for all the favorites and I see that a few of you have added my story to your faves! I appreciate it so much guys!!
And also if you want a character with your name message me!! And we can kinda incorporate him or her into the story!!