Chapter 31

KENDRA'S POV

Once I heard that song I ran. That song was the root of my heartbreak when I moved here.
That was me and my ex-boyfriend's song.
I loved that song, until he cheated on me at the school dance with my ex-best friend.

That filthy pair deserve each other but I can't stand to dance that song with Niall. He's too important to me to be remembered by that song. I feel horrible that I ran out. Everyone must be laughing at me.

"Kendra! There you are babe. What happened in there?" Niall asked not knowing what to expect.

"I'm so sorry Niall. I...I just can't bear to listen to that song."

"May I ask why?" He said politely.

"That song...reminds me of my ex...he cheated on me at the school dance with my best friend. Haven't heard it since until today. It just brought back all the horrible feelings I felt. I can't have those feeling with you. I want to have great moments with you Niall." I said crying.

"Oh Kenny. I'm sorry that asshole did that to you. I promise you I'll never do that to you. Ever. You're too special to me for me to even think about that." He said hugging me tight.

"How about I tell the DJ to pick a new song? It'll be our song." He asked cupping my chin and giving me a pop kiss.

I nodded and grabbed a hold of his hand.

As he opened the doors to the venue, a crowd of applause erupted.I swear I thought they'd be laughing.

Niall walked up to the DJ and changed the song.

He chose Night Changes by One Direction.

I've never heard of that one before but when it started to play I instantly loved it.This is it. Our song. It's perfect for us.

As we danced a few they couples joined us.
I couldnt have asked for a better Senior Prom, date, and group of friends.

Senior year is taking its turn for the better.

-------------

Hey guys. I know the chapters are short but I have many more ideas flowing through my head so I'm trying to get them organized before I mess up on anything.

This story isn't based on real life so no, Niall and the rest of the guys aren't going to form One Direction in this story. Let's just pretend some other guys are 1D.