Chapter 9

KENDRA'S POV

I don't know what to do.

I didn't know what to say when he asked me out. I just said the first thing I could think of and why would it be a yes?
Is he going to stop hurting me now?

I sure hope he does. I've had enough of the pain. I want my social life back. I want to be able to enjoy the rest of my senior year without the fear of being hit.

Now...what do I wear? I know I'm supposed to dress nice because it's a date but it's Niall for christ's sake. I want to impress him yet I don't. He's still got a lot of work to do. Just because I forgave him doesn't mean he's off the hook.

_______________

NIALL'S POV

I've got to make this date perfect. I want her to like me even though I'm sure she still detests me.

She's the most beautiful girl I've ever met and she didn't deserve all the pain I put her through. I'm going to make it up to her big time. I'm going to make Friday the best day of her life.

_______________

KENDRA'S POV

The next few days have passed by so quickly. It's Friday now and I'm on my way to school. I've been getting rides from my friends, which Niall has allowed me to talk to again thankfully. We've been talking and I have yet to tell them about my "date" with Niall.

Surprisingly he hasn't been bothering me. I've felt him look at me in class but that's about it. I'm guessing he's gotten the memo that I want, no need, space.

"Kendra? What's wrong?" Bri asked me curiously.

"What do you mean?" I answer dumbfounded.

"Well you seem deep in thought. What are you thinking about?" She replies.

"Um. Nothing. I'm just tired." I lie.

"Oh. Ok."

Phew. That was close.

We arrive at school and Bri walks me to my locker. She stops at the corner and just glares at someone. I look to see who it is and of course... it's Niall. He's standing at my locker with another red rose.

"Be careful Kenny." She says sympathetically while you touching my shoulder.

I nod and walk to my locker. I sigh and open it all while being looked at my Niall.

"Um. So you ready for tonight?" He asks nervously.

"I guess yeah."

"Umm... Here. This is for you." He says handing me the rose.

"Thanks."

I take the rose and put it in my locker while grabbing what I need. I close my locker and look at Niall. He's looking at me too and I see that he blushes.

"I'll see you in class then." He says softly.

I nod and turn to leave but he grips my arm. I turn my head and that's when he plants a kiss on my lips yet again.

Seriously what is with this kid and giving me random kisses? He let's me go and I walk to class dizzily. The rest of the day goes by in a haze. I don't even remember being in class with Niall. Next thing I know I'm already at home just sitting on my bed.It's 5 o'clock. I have two hours until Niall gets here.

I take a shower to relax myself which definitely works. I don't bother on straightening my hair at all. I leave it hang naturally. As for clothes, I put on jeans and a nice shirt. I put on makeup to conceal some minor scars I have but that's about it. By the time I'm done it's 6:45 p.m.

I sit in my kitchen and wait. A few minutes pass and I hear my doorbell ring. I open the door and see a very handsome looking Niall standing with a huge bouquet of roses in his hand.

I can't help but smile at this kind gesture. I take the flowers and put them in a vase with water. I walk back into the living room and see Niall just standing there with his hands in his pockets.

I find when a guy does that, strangely attractive.

"You look good Kendra."

"Umm. Thanks. You too." I say mentally cursing myself. Did I just say that out loud?

"Thanks," He says smiling. "You ready?" He asks holding out his hand.

"Umm. Yeah." I say taking his hand and walking down my driveway to his car.

Soon enough were driving down the highway to god knows where. After 20 minutes of driving and bumpy roads, we get to a beautiful lake.
Niall opens my door for me and grabs my hand. He leads me down a path towards the lake where I see a small picnic set up lakeside.

"Wow." I say shocked at the beauty of the lake and the little setup he has.

"You like it?" He asks.

"Uh... Yeah. It's...nice." I say sincerely.

We sit on the ground on top of the cloth. He takes out all the food from the basket and sets up everything.

"Let's eat."

_________________

I wrote this while waiting for a job interview haha. And I got the job!

Life lesson: writing a fan fiction while waiting for an interview will get you the job!

Just kidding lol