Chapter 42

KENDRA'S POV

My head is pounding.

And there goes that beeping sound again. Am I in the hospital?

I sneakily open my right eye to see my arm connected to an I-V. I slowly open my other eye but I can't. It's like it's glued shut.

I do what I can and fully open my right eye. I look around me and see that my leg is in a cast.

What the fuck happened? Why does my face hurt so much?I poke at my face and wince. My nose hurts like a mother fucker.

I start to panic. My breaths get heavier. My heart starts beating faster and so does that stupid machine.

As if in the blink of an eye, nurses come rushing in pressing buttons and examine every inch of me.

"Ms. Kimball?" One nurse asks grabbing my attention.

"Ok good so you can hear me. Can you tell me what you last remember?"

"Liam. I saw Liam." I hoarsely whispered.

"Ok good. No memory loss. Unfortunately Ms. Kimball, you have a broken nose, fractured leg, a concussion, a broken rib, and a punctured lung."

I closed my eye. Matty did this to me. How could he?

"You'll be in the hospital for the next 4 weeks so you can rest. You took a lot of damage so no harsh movements for now." She stated, hanging up her clipboard and walking out the door.

I sighed. And fuck did that hurt.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Kenny?"

"Liaaaam." I whispered elongating the a in his name.

"Honey what happened? Who did this to you?" He asked quietly.

"M-m-Matty." I said trembling.

"Why? Why would he hurt you this bad?"

"Because......because I was dating Niall and because I wouldn't take him back." I said sniffling.

"If I get my hands on that piece of shit I swear-"

"Liam. Stop. Killing him won't solve anything." I whispered.

"But Kenny. Look at what he's done to you! He's disfigured you! He left you there to bleed out Kenny!" Liam cried.

"What's done is done Liam. Let the police get him." I sighed.

I could see the pain in his eyes seeing me like this but there was nothing I could do. I didn't have the energy to argue with him.

"Liam. Get me a mirror please."

"Kendra. I don't think-"

Li-Li. Please?" I begged.

His expression turned soft at the nickname I gave him. He nodded and seconds later came back with a mirror.

Damn I did look terrible.

My left eye was swollen shut. My nose was almost black because of the bruising. My lip had stitches and my head was bandaged.

I closed my good eye and sighed.

I hate Matty Hobbes. Even more than before.

"Liam. Have you heard from Harry, or Bri at all?"