Four

Later That Night

I was finally able to lay down and not stress any more, being back at Chres' apartment was like being in a paradise. It was always quiet, he had nothing but other pretty skyscrapers surrounding him and best of all it usually was just us.

"Here."

Chres handed me my burger and fries that we ordered from Wendy's, thank God I was finally able to eat. Couldn't even enjoy my own home cooked meal, at MY own house.

But I didn't eat it right away, I just placed it down next to me on the night stand, even though my stomach was telling me to do other wise. I just couldn't do it, my head was on ten, like it's only so much a woman can take; mentally and emotionally.

"You not hungry?" Chres asked, looking at me weird, I shook my head 'no', stopping myself from just collapsing and sleeping. His bed was so damn soft like being completely on a pillow, not to mention that it was upgraded to a king sized bed.

"You know what I can't get passed? What happened with your dad? Like for real, how did he end up like he is now?"

"You mean homeless? Drugged out, can't keep a job?" He paused leaning back on to the plush pillow behind him. I could see the worry lines forming in his forehead; already. "Back in the day, things were different in South Central you feel me, like what I was doing wasn't nothing compared to how it was. My dad just got caught up, he got addicted to drugs and shit, got so high one time didn't even recognize my moms. Almost beat her down."

"If it was that bad, then why were you so reckless when I met you? Why do some of the same stuff he did, I don't want you beating me down!" I joked, biting into one of my fries.

"You fucked up," Chres turned towards me and licked his lips before continuing. "Honestly, the only reason I did it was because of the hype, niggas used to hype my head up... had me thinking I was invincible at one point in time. I just wanted to prove that I wasn't just a member in a boy band, hated having that title you feel me?"

"Suuuuure, but I'm just glad you stopped with the nonsense! It hurt me to see you out there, I didn't know whether you were okay... I just don't know if I could handle that again." I said in a "matter of fact" tone, I was serious. I don't even think I would be able to deal with him and the "street life" again. That was a chapter in my life I was ready to close since it got opened.

"You don't know if you could handle that again? Quit lying Nala... You know that was fun, I had you on your toes and you handled it. Through it all, you ride or die."

"Ew, don't say that. I hate that phrase." I goofily laughed before yawning, my eyes were getting heavier for real, I looked at the flat screen tv hanging in front of us for the time. 11:42 pm. "I'm getting sleepy."

"You going to let daddy rock you to sleep?"

I laughed even more in response not knowing how to respond to that. Chres has been referring to himself as "daddy" lately and it was really annoying. Especially even after all the stuff we just had to deal with tonight.

"You are so annoyiiiiiiiing!"

"You still love me thoug-"

"Na-"

"Yes the fuck you do." Chres started tickling me, he was so damn sneaky he was able to climb on top of me at the same time.

"CHREEES!" I Hollered out trying to push him off of me, but he did the opposite. He reached my neck and started sucking on it. "Chres I'm tired."

"Okay, I can help you with that..." he whispered back in my ear, I felt his hand slither towards me panties. "Come on, Nala."

"Ughhh, okay, okay." I said finally giving in, he hovered on top of me pressing his lips to mine.