Black Tie (Finale)

A few days later

"Hey baby does this look good?" I asked Chris as I danced a little in front of the mirror in my room.

I had on this dark mango colored night gown that hugged my curves just right. I mean I figured that I would look fine as hell since I was forced to go to this "black tie" event for the magazine. Tonight was supposed to be about welcoming "fresh new faces" to our magazine, supporting new up coming artists, so of course I had to bring Chris with me.

For that reasons and I don't quick trust him being alone with Chres still lurking around.

"I think it looks.. sexy," Chris said walking back into the room, he had on a classic tuxedo with a small handkerchief that matched my dress. He really did look sophisticated, even with his blonde tipped shoulder length dreads. "But Ion want no Niggas looking at my girl."

I rolled my eyes at him, before getting caught off guard by his warm hands slidding around my waist. I stared at us through the mirror, and it actually realization that this was really my boyfriend... or so I thought.

"What time the party start?" Chris gently asked also staring at us through the mirror, I could tell that he was mostly looking at my chest since that's where his eyes rested.

"Boy..." I teased, before pulling out of his grip, I heard him chuckling, like it was really that funny. But I already was distracted by something else. I had just received a text message from RJ. It kind of had caught me off guard, especially since the last time we had a real conversation was at his "welcome back" party.

I quickly unlocked my phone and tapped onto the message icon seeing what he was talking about.

Rowland: wassup, I heard yo lil boyfriend's song. Tell him, that it's hot!

I cheesed to myself reading it, it felt good to know that I still had friends like Rowland. I typed out a message back before locking my phone back up.

"RJ said that your song is hot bae."

"Aye tell him I said that's wassup!" Chris was excited at first but then he paused like he as thinking about something. "But for real, I wonder if he was saying that because of me or because his cousin was on it."

"Who cares..." I pulled Chris into a hug, his warm body radiated onto me. But he body was still tense, but damn why did he really care so much. "It was still a hit, and you still making money! That's all that matters."

"Yea, okay."

----------------

When we pulled up to the hotel; where the party was held at I knew that Chris still had that "theory" in his head that he wasn't as big as he thought that he was.

Anyway after Chris handed his car to valet, and we walked in hand and hand. I knew that this would be a "fancy" event, but wow, they really went all out. The theme colors were good and black, but it was still elegant.

I could tell Chris was impressed as well, he couldn't stop commenting on how boujie everything was. Even the waiters walking around with shrimp cocktails.

"This shit niceeee."

I giggle at this fool, could he at least act like he's been outside of Dallas before. Anyway, I spent almost two hours walking around greeting familiar faces and even new faces. Of course I introduced Chris to my co workers watching him acting in this new environment.

But after I while I was tired, I seen Casey, I mean there was no offense to him but just looking at him reminded me of Chres. After all that was practically his best friend at what point in time.